Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Clutch that matey! XIX

Hmm.

Wow. Last night's jam at Rob's place was really good: we managed to get the mixer up and running before we went over. A short meal at orchard ensued before heading to Rob's place, where (once again) I went in without Rob noticing anything.

We set up our stuff, and we went through several takes of 'To You', which was initially marred by a fiddly Mandolin string which kept going out of tune. Our final take was also our best... what with my non-pitch-perfect vocals and Rob's unfamiliarity with the sequence of the song. But we nailed it, and it sounded great... all because of the mixer (and also because I was playing Rob's Martin acoustic, Rob had his '68 Stratocaster and Alvin.. had my mandolin).

I'm thinking of calling the combination of the mixer and Al's laptop 'The Fuzzy Green Grass Mobile Recording Unit', which is a pun on 'The Rolling Stones Mobile Recording Unit', well, it's our band, and therefore it's going to be our name on it. I'm the Sound engineer and Producer, while Alvin's the Mixing engineer.

Rob came up with some lyrics for our older song 'Joanne', and frankly it's good lyrics (although Rob himself said it was still a work in progress, I'm suitably impressed with his phrasing). However, I had never intended that song to be a sing-along type of song. Rather a statement of sadness and state of melancholy. Till today I still have that feeling I had from the beginning of writing that song. I guess it may never wholly fade away.

In any case, we did work on the rhythm track for 'It's All Murphy's Fault', which worked out pretty good with Alvin keeping time, and Rob and myself having gelled our rhythm scheme together. All I ask for is our luck with good sound to continue, and for our productivity to increase throughout this holiday. I think it's about time Alvin and myself put down 'Countryboy, Breakaway', which has been lying idle since God-knows-when.

Anyhow, in a very short moment, I'll be going to NYP to work on a chair project with Alvin which has to handed in next wednesday and we're on a pretty tight schedule regarding this chair project because we're also attending the 3D2N SDN club chalet, which we're going to later tonight.

Ok, wish us good luck with our chair, and I pray for good weather for the next few days.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home