Sunday, January 15, 2006

Rotten Irish Pub Job Blues

Hmm.

I've managed to write a song based on my jaded feelings towards working at the Irish Pub. Loosely based on the 12-bar blues progression of 'The Jack' by AC/DC and 'Red House' by Jimi Hendrix, this song is something that I've longed to work on, and now I've finally refined it (maybe not enough, but I like its rawness) and included my brand new Muddy Waters Telecaster inside.

The song has the elements of 'The Jack' and 'Red House' because it has two guitar solos, is in the key of B, has a very similar introductory vocal arrangement, and frankly I think the second guitar solo is the closest I have done in the style of Angus Young (lead guitarist for AC/DC).

Here are the lyrics:

I have a job downtown, I go there once or twice a week
when I go for my job (yeah), my mamma for me she does weep
I feel misery when I go there, looking at the ceiling so bare
But I ain't got a choice to choose, I got the Irish Pub Job blues

(guitar solo)

Now I ain't getting any younger and this working is such a bore
You know it is a drag to come here and I ain't cleaning ashtrays no more
People said 'boy you got some talent, too bad you're withheld by your parents'
Well I ain';t got nothing to lose, I got teh Irish Pub Job blues

Come and feel it!

(guitar solo)

*whispers* I gotta get outta here X2

I got the Irish Pub, the Irish Pub job blues


It is clearly one of the best 12-bar blues I have done for a while, and I hope you guys like it.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home