Saturday, April 15, 2006

New "Clutch that Matey!" I

Hmm.

Haha.. I'm starting a new series of posts regarding my new job... at the YMCA! Today was the first day of work at the Y cafe, with me working there through a recommendation through my pal John.

Anyways... the job went pretty smoothly, although the shirt they gave me is like a whole size too small! Kinda tight fit.. way too tight in fact. Thank goodness the supervisor (name is Chris) allowed me to unbutton the topmost button.. or I would have literally suffocated.

Work was pretty standard today... typical waiters' job: clear plates, wipe table, serve customers, replenish plates and cutlery etc etc. Also met the co-workers over there.. nice bunch of people.. even better than the Molly's crowd!

Truth to tell I was more concerned about the attitude of my co-workers than how difficult it might be for me to adjust to the system or work ethics over there. Thank goodness it's been boiled down to very simple guidelines: be yourself, work hard and always be friendly and compromising. I find that guideline very comforting.. because (well believe it or not) I can be compromising when it's neccessary, and all I wanna do right now is to get along with everyone, learn the system quickly and just start being who I can be to the best that I can be.

I think I've found the secret to happiness... for those who wanna know.. you know how to contact me :)


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home