Thursday, April 13, 2006

Chair Version 3++A

Hmm.

Today I was pretty productive in school (hehe, Superdel.. I'm using that word :p) and it was all in the spirit of getting a bit of work done. What was I working on specifically? It was the chair I had posted pictures of a couple of days back... I've improved on it!

Now... according to the feedback given to me by several people.. I changed it to make it look less stiff, while still retaining it's original character, and I've made to wooden rods thicker to not look like fishbones. However that said, my theme for this chair is "Bones".

The original design was also flawed in the following ways:

1. I forgot to add the bit which allows the user to rock the chair backwards :s
2. the wooden rods were too thin (as mentioned above)
3. the seat and backrest was way too stiff for comfort
4. the legs were boring
5. not cool enough

Hence, my improved version which I've completed today. It's still not yet 100% done... I've got tonnes of detailing to work on, but I'll just let you guys see what I've been up to. LOL... the amount of etail was so much, the file size got up over 200 MB! Can you imagine a 3D model file going up in excess of 200 MB? It was so huge.. the rendering programme jammed halfway and I had to shrink the size of the model till it was a respectable 35 MB, and then it was workable.

Anyways.. the pictures are here now.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home