Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Volume is a criminal offense!!

Hmm.

I'm just a simple, guy, but I like to listen to Led Zeppelin tunes. Anybody who know's Led Zep's tunes would know that they sound good loud, right? Let me tell you something which involves Led Zeppelin's songs and the girls in my class.

Sitting down, and getting ready for the class test in half an hour earlier this morning, I struggled to peer through the mists that prevented me from seeing my math text clearly, and that calls for desperate measures: either get a coffee or listen to Led Zep. Choosing the latter which eased the ulcer in my wallet, I pulled out my CD player and pulled out Led Zeppelin IV. Any Led Zep fan would agree that IV will wake you up, but that does not guarantee the following: idle chatter that cuts through the muscular Jimmy Page riffing in 'Black Dog'.

The girls in my class are of a rare and 'special' breed. their abilities include cutting people down with a single word and further mutilation with a glance. So imagine that six girls walk into class loudly sipping their drinks, talking as if they were at opposite ends of a soccer pitch, and walking as though they had something fleshy hanging between their legs.

This coincided with my application of Led Zep to my sleepy head, and when 'Black Dog' came on, Robert Plant's screaming vocals added himself to a barrage of crow's cawing which proceeded after the girls sat down. Forcing myself to concentrate, I peered once more through the mists, and finally a light shone through: a wrong page.

Never mind, a simple enough mistake, so i flipped to the right page, and while the solo of 'Black Dog' raged on, the crows cawed even more with greater gusto, with anything that involved a speck of dust inducing an outburst of donkeys' braying. I closed my eyes and wondered if i would ever get through the test.

9:30 cam at long last, and the cawing and braying stopped (finally!!!). and two minutes into the test confirmed my greatest fears: i will never get through every single question right.

two hours later, i thanked God for peace and guidance, but i'd wish he'd put an end to all that cawing and braying which is synonymous with their coming and going (which so happens to take a long process everytime). I also had a calming 'Stairway To Heaven', which allowed me to realise that I'm the only one in my family who can actually do the solo (all right, enough bragging right?).

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home