Thursday, November 18, 2004

Fun At Alvin's place.

Hmm.

I intended to have Alvin over at my place today in the morning. However, due to Murphy's Law hanging over my head since the holidays started, I eventually went to Alvin's place after lunch.

I returned him some of his CDs (Will The Circle Be Unbroken Vol 1 and 3). I also brought him some of my recent recordings to peruse at his leisure, though I do believe some stuff is just plain crap. i also included Char's snoring clip... heeheehee.

I managed to take some shots of Alvin's now unveiled swollen pinky (see pictures below), and it simply looks wickedly painful. I mean, the dude had to do finger exercises, and seeing him wince was just about all I could handle after eating his chicken pie. Talk abotu pie, I'm watching my brother's brand new 'American Pie 2' DVD tonight.. nose bleeds coming soon...

I and Alvin managed to record down his parody of John Denver's 'Sunshine On My Shoulders', which transformed into his 'Freedom For My Finger', as seen on his blog. Apparently, we had to have several takes at the song because of some unneccasary interruptions etc. Anyhow, the final take was simply amazing due to the wonderful harmonization between Alvin's and my voice. It simply sounded wonderful, just Alvin's main vocal, my backup vocal, and a now repaired Tina (steel string acoustic).

Also we managed to squeeze out time to see one of Alvin's numerous 'Herbie' movies, you know that crazy Volkswagen beatle? yeah, pity I really didn't get as crazy about it as much as Alvin did ever since he was 4 yrs old huh?

Also managed to record down me bowing Alvin's banjo (no pictures guys), doing some kind of classical stuff on it. I really didn't know what I was doing. i intend to bow out 'Amazing Grace' on my electric very soon, the prototype version wasn't very, hmm, well done.

Also borrowed Alvin's original 1969 'The Italian Job' DVD and his 'The Very Best Of John Denver', which includes the very famous 'Take Me Home, Country Road'. I'm actaully listening to it now, very good album.

Well, I'll be looking forward to Alvin transferring our recording of 'Freedom Of My Finger' and my bowed-banjo 'Road To Monte Carlo' to me by tomorrow morning. Editing and mastering will commence then.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home