Monday, March 14, 2005

Pop Tart V

Hmm.

Patrick's class project has shifted (or rather moved on) from the clock (in which I've managed to make a pop-arty one) to... doorstops.

A rather unanimous vote from the class has allowed all of us to focus on designing a product meant to make a door stop in it's tracks. Initially, Patrick made all of us bring a household item last week. After presenting our items, we decided to level the playing field by deciding upon an item which all of us can find a wide array of design possibilities.

Therefore we chose the doorstop.

I had a very huge mental block regarding desogns for the doorstop, and at the last minute on Sunday night, I managed to wring out ten concepts before calling it a day. Believe you me, i wasn't trying very hard to come up with concepts, I was just having a hard time eradicating the irrelevant ones which kept popping up in my mind.

This morning I came to Blcok M and churned out four more designs, and the total strength of 14 concepts managed to justify the shacked look on my face even though I had AC/DC blasting in my ears the moment I got out of the house.

I suppose I have decided to focus on either having a 'wedge' or 'so heavy it'll block the door anyway' approach to the design regarding the doorstop.

Patrick was really weird today: he came late and he was almost cheerful throughout the entire procession of our 'presentation of our concepts'. He even explained the approach we should take regarding the design process of our doorstop. He even gave me advice on how I should go about and design my doorstop.. what I should avoid and what i should exploit.

Amazing.. he was actually teaching today! What can I say... he just might have gotten lucky last night. Not to leave out the fact he was smiling with us. SMILING!!!! WITH US!!! Gosh, he sure knows how to make the people around think he's very, very weird.

Anyhow, I just hope the wanker just stays this way, because it sure is producing a very positive energy within the class. I'm suspecting foul play no matter how cheerful he stays.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home