Saturday, March 12, 2005

Brother Dearest IV

Hmm.

I was picked up by my brother and mother last night from work, and then we proceeded on to pick up my dad from the airport as he had just touched down from a flight from Switzerland.

Along the journey, I had my headphones on, and my brother had a CD inside the car stereo. I suppose the CD had already finished, so he took out the CD, and popped in a new CD. I had decided to give my ears a break, when mother of all horrors, I realised he had popped in a 'Simple Plan' CD.

I just thank God I had AC/DC going on my discman because I couldn't stand sitting there in the car and listening to bullshit emanating from the speakers.

I've been reflecting on why the 'aggresive' music my brother listens to is just so inexplicably distasteful to my ears... then it hit me: the music I listen to has real balls.

Ok, I'm not referring to the albums having testicles hanging off them. It's just that the music I listen to has a sense of toughness and maturity such that it doesn't have to touch on issues such as: self decaprication, wallowing in self-pity, being unperfect (hehhlloww???), whatever. Believe you me, the music I listen to touches no such issues. Maybe being left by a woman.. but that's it.

Led Zeppelin has stuff that just exists... no particular topic. AC/DC may touch on issues about how you can really rock and roll... the Rolling Stones just want to rock out... and Simple Plan can be summed up in one proclamation:

Utter Crap.

C'mon! Any amateur thirteen-year-old guitarist can produce the sort of guitar playing that the two guitar players churn out. Any whiny-voiced fourteen-year-old can sing just as well as their lead singer. Any suicidal, broken-nailed fifteen-year-old can write the songs they perform.

But the one thing that really, really gets to me is why they have two guitarists when the music is already so redundant, repetitive, and talentless. Don't bullshit me that they have two guys so that there is more addition of colour to their sound... because there is no colour whatsoever. Also the vocals really makes my skin crawl.

Ok, so i just stuffed my ears to block out the crap, and AC/DC really worked!!! I had recently acquired yet another four more albums... 'Who Made Who', '74 Jailbreak', 'Blow Up Your Video' and 'Ballbreaker'. So that means I have 7 albums out of their 16-album catalogue. I'm just so glad they really rock, and they don't disppoint in any way.

Another thing about my brother is, he had bought Jet's 'Get Born' album, which I used as the basis of my marketing report. I had listened to the album while doing the report, and truth to tell, Jet really rock! Their music is similar to the Darkness in terms of Hard-rockness, but they are more towards the AC/DC-typish of things concerning song structure and vocal styles.

I suppose Brother Dearest had bought the album because of the catchy hit single 'Are you Gonna be My Girl'. Then he just neglected the rest. What a shame.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home