Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Wedding Of Ephraim And Karen

Hmm.

Yesterday was the wedding of my cousin Ephraim to a lovely lady named Karen. Ephraim first introduced Karen to the family a couple of years back during Chinese New Year. She proved to be a very nice, wonderful person indeed.

In the morning was the church wedding at St. Anne's church, which went well and allowed for lots of 'family reunion' as well, since we don't really have much time to communicate with our cousins, uncles and distant relations with our hectic schedules.

Lunch was a fun affair, it was held at the Patara, just one level below the place I used to work: the Raffles Place Convention Centre. The food was spicy, sweet and sour at times, but it was all good as well. I managed to get to know one of Karen's friends, who was also the Emcee/event host for their lunch and dinner. Their wedding album was similarly exceptionally beautiful, with the photos captured well, and just bringing out the beauty in the two persons.

Well, I suppose the highlight of the day was the dinner at night... there was this fantastic guitarist named Carlos who performed some really great spanish and jazz pieces. However, since I had played my guitar for a couple of family reunions, my third uncle decided to recommend me to give a performance for the whole restaurant, which included the combined families. I performed just after the main course, which was fine, I didn't want the folks to choke on their steaks, fillets and shanks:

C: 'I have a history of making a fool of myself'

everyone: (raucous laughter)

C: 'But what a better day to do it again, once more, on Epraim's wedding?'

everyone: (chuckles)

C: 'Umm... I just have one thing to say...' (followed by a bout of silence)

someone: 'Nothing to say issit?'

C: 'Okay, if I do screw up, just blame the wine!'

everyone: (appreciated laughter and clapping)

So I just sat there and played out 'When You Say Nothing At All', which I deem to be THE crowd favourite of all time with my family. My third Aunt was cheering like a hooligan because she liked the song so much.

The next song was 'Blackbird', which i suppose didn't draw much clapping due to it not being a very popular song, and I just played it to 'show off' my guitar capabilities.

Then my third Aunt called out 'Stairway To Heaven!!!'

And I obliged, but added in this bit:

C: 'this if for Ephraim... God Bless his british accent'

much to appreciated laughter on lots of people's parts, and allowing him to choke into his wine (yesss!!!).

The dinner ended on a great note... there was a lot of praise for my performance (wow, you can really sing quite well!), my guitar riffing (your guitar playing was quite good!) but i suppose the best one is this: (did you join Singapore Idol?).

No.

Photos coming soon!!!


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home