Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rock n' Roll!!! II

Hmm.

Today I had my first audition in months, and in a nutshell it went really well.

A month or two back, my uncle had contracted me to perform for about 20 minutes at his company's dinner function. I had managed to come into contact with the entertainment organiser people, who in turn worked with me for my performance, and subsequently saw me perform in stage as well.

Thereupon with my meeting with the supervisor of the entertainment crew, whose name is Joshua, we exchanged numbers and email addresses, in the hope that I could get some gigs from his company.

Last week, Joshua called me after so long, and apparently his lady boss was very interested in hearing me in person. We set up a meeting today so that at long last, I could meet the people at Into E, and they could also have an impression upon themselves what I can do, and how I sing, compared to a description of what my style was.

So I went there today, took a trip on the MRT first to have my hair cut at City Hall, before taking the Boon Lay train to Redhill Station. A 10-minute walk soon brought me to the office on the 8th floor of Redhill Forum, tucked away silently on Jalan Kilang Timor, just off Jalan Bukit Merah.

I had managed to prepare myself when one of the office staff showed me into a small room slightly crammed with a round glass-top table, coupled with a hodge-podge of assorted dinner chairs. Pulling out my guitar, harp-rack, harps, tuner, and tuning up, I got ready within 5 minutes, just as a guy walked into the room and introduced himself as Lawrence, an Operations Manager.

A small chat ensued, before the Lady Boss, Theresa came in.

I know I haven't been out much, but whew, that lady boss sure wore a plunging neckline. I mean, if anybody wanted to show off their anatomy, no one else could have done a better job.

The lady's dress sense aside, she was very nice and when she asked me to sing a song, I decided to go with a song with could both exhibit my vocal abilities, guitar playing ability, and also harp-playing skills.

I guess the applause from the small crowd in that small room after i had finished off 'You'd Better be Home Soon' by Crowded House signalled that I had got it right. Overall, I would have rated my small performance a 7.5 out of 10 due to the fact that halfway through the song, I suddenly realised that I forgot where to throw in a section for a harp solo lol... and also I couldn't sing as well as I could, if I had stood up.

Anyways, I feel much better after getting the confidence of these people... I feel much better.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home