Saturday, November 20, 2004

OT and other miscellaneous going-ons

Hmm.

Having a bout of cold/flue/whatever right now, so my throat is perpetually clogged up with uncloggable phlegm, thereby causing me to cough like a smoke-deprived smoker (I'll come to that later).

I just acquired Nick Drake's debut album 'Five Leaves Left', and so far it's pretty cool... I've lent Char my other Nick Drake CDs, but I do believe they didn't hit her that hard as much as the other stuff she listens to.

I went for work yesterday, and had OT until 1am. Guess what, waiting for the bus since 1.20 am, the bloody bus was late. And guess what? It arrived at 1.50am, and it was the same bloody bus driver who took me around half of singapore the last time I had OT.

Determined to not be driven around half the country again, I sat there as he asked people where they wanted to be dropped off, however, he had to reduce his busload of passengers since goign around half of singapore wasn't another thing he wanted to do, especially with me in the back staring into his back. He then decided to push several passengers to another bus coming along..

Bus driver: 'Hougang! Aow Buay!' (Hougang! behind!)

Bus driver: 'Ang Mo Kyeeooo! Aow Buay!' (Ang Mo Kio! Behind!)

Bus driver: 'St. Mikal arh? Le sii tolorh?' (St. Micheal's? Where you stay?)

and then he went on for a few more people before he finally came to those he was driving around (hopefully not around singapore). Pointing to those he wanted to speak to (via the reflection in the mirror), he barked out questions:

Bus driver: 'Ler! Tolorh?!' (you! where?)'

when he did this to me, I decided to do this:

'Potong Paseh!' (Potong Pasir), and doing so in my most irritaed and angry tone imaginable. I wasn't going to taken for a ride again (in both meanings, by the way).

In the end, I reached home at about 2:20, quite reasonable, after beign driven around the Boon Keng area, and then almost overshooting my drop-off point, and walking in the bloody rain.

I've watched 'American Pie 2', and thank goodness it's got less nudity, but just the right amount of crude humour (stuff involving super glue and walkie-talkies). It's a great movie about letting go and seeing the big picture. That's the good thing (one of them) about this movie.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home