Thursday, February 10, 2005

Nitemare

Hmm.

Last night (or should I say this morning) from the time spanning 2am to 9am in the morning I managed to kill 10 mosquitoes.

Yep, that's right. How I often long for the days when I lived up on the 11st floor of a HDB block and the only damn things which bothered us were the occasional monster cockroach.. at least that's only an occasional thing.. these buggers bleeping bother me every focking night.

The thing is, my home was designed by my dad to be exceptionally ventilated, those who have had the opportunity to visit my place would notice it (hopefully). So that means about 30 percent of wall space has been taken up by doors, windows, louvres, shutters etc. That means UCK-ME (Ultimate Clean-Freak Mother for Eternity) will be pestering me to turn off my fan at night (in focking Singapore? WTF?!!!) and urging me to open my louvres to entice those damn bloodsuckers to come in and have a ball.

As you would realise (as would any person with a brain and common sense), having NO FAN, and TONNES OF MOSQUITOES isn't exactly the recipe for a 'good night's sleep'. In actual fact, it's pure torture having to have literally no air-flow (no fan, remember?), and simultaneously trying to prevent irritating bite-marks the next day by covering myself in a blanket I've used since Primary one.

Naturally I've grown since primary one, and the damn blanket can't even cover me from feet to shoulders, meaning I have to persevere the whining sounds of mosquitoes in my ears every night.

Four times i got up last night, turned on my bed lamp and went on a killing spree. I managed to personally extinguish six mosquitoes with my own two hands, and the remaining four got killed as a result of me killing them subconsciously with my feet while i slept. They love my legs.

If I were a scientist, I'd dedicate my whole life to exterminating every damn one of those buggers off the face of this planet, but that means less food for guppies and fighting fish. Also that means no malaria, no yellow fever, and of course, no waking up at 2am in the morning cursing mother nature and spilling blood on my hands.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home