Monday, March 14, 2005

It Just Keeps Getting Better And Better

Hmm.

Let me just openly proclaim I like Alvin for all the worth he's got despite that there are times he just makes me want to smack him... almost want to smack him. I just love the idiosycrasies he gets up to.

Today is no exception.

I was just done with Patrick's lesson and I decided to message him for lunch. He replied that he was down in the south canteen, and I joined him soon afterwards. As he was at least four people ahead in the queue, he managed to get his lunch before me and I soon joined him to enjoy our lunch.

There are times when you know you have a good friend, because the two of you share similar views, similar luck in love, similar tastes in music, politics and of course, food.

I managed to order the exact same food as Alvin. And let me tell you, this has happened at least three times, and don't blame the monotony of the food variety or the stereotype in my gastronomic palette. It even happened with me and one of Alvin's classmates.

To top off the lunch, a mynah bird managed to give Alvin it's blessing by shitting on his pants on the right pant sleeve.

Alvin: 'Erm, (my name) do you think this is what I think this is?' (remember 'Bananas in Pyjamas'?)

Crawldaddy: 'I think it is! Holy Crike!!!'

Afterwards, whenever we wished to put food into our mouths, we always cast a wary eye heavenwards, and that even extended to conversation because you can just imagine me pointing my finger at Alvin and a drip of bird-crud just slops onto my finger.

I didn't wish for such anointing even though I had an AutoCAD test after lunch. It went fine, by the way: the Auto CAD test.

Halfway through my lunch with Alvin, i received a phone call from my classmate who called for an urgent meeting within group memebers regarding a Comm Skills project due this thursday. As I bade Alvin a short farewell, I cast another wary look upwards before making my way back up block M.

I was finishing up with my project meeting when Alvin came in with his pants all cleaned up, albeit a huge water mark where the shit had landed. He just came in grinning when one of my group mates quipped:

Classmate: 'hey, you left you bag in the toilet right?'

Crawldaddy: 'What???'

Alvin: 'Hey, at least it's safer since room 610 is unavailible right? What's more you guys were having patrick's lesson just now.'

Crawldaddy: 'But the toilet??? Dude... (opens mouth in disbelief)'

A: 'Well, it's safe there.'

C: 'And you are here because...?'

A: 'well you wanted your zip disk back right? it's in my bag.'

C: 'Ah hah... so you want me to accompany you?'

A: 'Yes!! (grins)'

So I followed the bugger, and true enough, he had hidden his bag within one of the toilet cubicles, bag, toolbox and topped off with a paper bag. I suppose the best part was the moment Alvin got all of his possessions out of the cubicle, the toilet flushed by itself.

That set us laughing for like a whole minute.

The next time he does that, i just hope he gets another blessing from above.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home