Monday, May 09, 2005

Clutch that matey! X

Hmm.

Well, last night was just de riguer at the pub... since it was a Sunday night, the only television programmes being broadcasted were the Spanish Grand Prix and Liverpool vs Arsenal Match.

I CAN'T BELIEVE LIVERPOOL LOST 3 TO 1!!!!!

MY FAV TEAM CAN'T LOSE TO THEM FOCKERS ARSENAL LIKE THAT!!!

Anyway... there was supposed to be a small function going on around 11pm, hosted by the Owner of McCraic holdings Colin McDonald (who owns Molly Malone's and it's various fellow food & beverage outlets). One of the main reasons I stayed up till 1pm + was because of this function, which even had Gerry Cox slated to play guitar in the small room while the guests.

Apart from booking a small function room (known as the stone area due to its floor tiling) and ensuring it was empty by 10pm, a large pot of Irish stew was prepared, along with several platters of Scotch eggs and bread. I have to say... just looking at the food all laid out in the kitchen made me very hungry.

So the Spanish Grand Prix came and went... Kimi Raikkonen clinched the top spot, and I witnessed Liverpool succumb to defeat by the hands of Arsenal, sealing a last-minute goal by Reyes (?).

So Colin and his wife came around 11pm, and there were no guests in sight. Soon afterwards, I saw Gerry pack up his guitar and Colin and his wife disappeared. I suppose there will be no party afterwards.

But what happened to the food?

Well, it was already past midnight, and I felt very hungry due to the nature of my job (which involves running up and down a flight of stairs at least 15 times per night), and with a little grace from my supervisor, Ita, I managed to remove that hunger with some Irish stew. Thank God for such a wonderful supervisor.

Today I had intended to go to Sentosa for the SDN club outing, which was organised by the OGL seniors, but since I'm still bummed out from last night's shift, and for personal reasons unsaid, I think I will skip this trip.

I still have a punctured bicycle tire to fix btw, so I guess my absense can be somewhat justified.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home