Sunday, May 08, 2005

It's Got Balls!!!

Hmm.

Last night, I had the most interesting conversation with Gerry (the singer for Molly Malone's), because he was just sitting there at the bar and fiddling with his handphone.

Apaprently, he felt that the sound coming from my acoustic guitar, when plugged into the P.A. mixer sounded warm and really 'acoustic', as opposed to the sterilised and clangey sound made by common acoustic pickups.

That was a real surprise.. considering my guitar is a piece of $180 junk, bought off a seedy shop and has a cracked top bracing. Although the acoustic sound is quite ok, I've never been able to convice myself that this guitar is capable of anything apart from being firewood after 5 years of usage.

Anyhow... the guy from a second-hand shop quoted my guitar at 70 bucks.. so I've decided to keep it until the darn thing just disintegrates in my hands before I retire it to my bedroom wall. But before that happens, I intend to develop my chops and whack it mercilessly, because I'm an evil guy.

However, I've found myself treating it quite well, contrary to my usual habit of abusing my instruments (either through playing style or severe modifications). I've come to play my guitar like I'm holding the hand of an infant.

Weird huh?


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home