Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Murky Waters Of Songwriting XVIII

Hmm.

Ok, no, it's been a real long time since I've put down a song on paper.. but I've been thinking about the songs in U2's catalogue... past and present. It's amazing, that when you listen back to their songs, you can feel the atmosphere and emotion coming through in their intense songs, but it does not make you feel sleepy; you can feel the adrenaline rush in their upbeat songs, but not feel like it's repetitive, and you can feel the power and meaning behind their deep-lyric songs, but still have a sense of freedom to interpret them.

In essense, the music of U2 can really be considered to be timeless both musically and lyrically. It doesn't put forth the same message across everytime, but yet when you do hear those songs, you will get the meaning in a very short time.

I've always considered putting subtle meanings across in my music, and though some (songs) have no real meaning, others have that gentle message of hope and wonder. Yet again, some songs have very blunt and obvious meanings, which doesn't take a mind like einstein to decipher.

I just hope my creative juices can continue to flow.... in recent times they have become clogged up for some reason or another. Also I hope I can finish off reocrding the remaining songs intended for the FGG's 'Burnt Holidays' CD.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home