Friday, November 25, 2005

2nd Annual Crawldaddy Awards 2005

Hmm.

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of the year again! It's time to vote for your favourite contestants in the battle of witless shenanigans! Iiiitttt'ssss the 2nd Annual Crawldaddy Awards!

And here are the categories and their respective short-listed nominees:

Best Hair (Amanda Koh, Liu Jie Hong, Ang Sian Lee, Tan Jia Xiong, Syafiqah, Superdel)

Worst Hair (Alvin Chee, Cao Yang, Jeremy Loo, Sabrina Goh)

Best Wardrobe (Amanda Koh, Liu Jie Hong, Tan Jia Xiong, Khairul Hussein, Ayob)

Worst Wardrobe (Crawldaddy, Alvin Chee, Jeremy Loo, Kevant, Charlotte)


Best Song (which has been featured in my playlist)

1. All Along the Watchtower, Bob Dylan
2. It's All Murphy's Fault, Fuzzy Green Grass
3. Daughters, John Mayer
4. Money, Pink Floyd
5. Down On The Corner, Creedence Clearwater Revival
6. Friends in Low Places, Garth Brooks
7. Vertigo, U2
8. Mrs Robinson, Simon & Garfunkel
9. Best Of My Love, The Eagles
10. Jaded, Aerosmith

Worst Song

1. Push the button, Sugababes
2. My Happy Ending, Avril Lavign
3. In Heaven There is No Beer, The Pogues
4. Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond
5. In The Navy, Village People
6. Gold Digger, Kanye West
7. Hell Bent For Leather, Judas Priest
8. I Don't Like Mondays, Boomtown Rats
9. Dream Police, Cheap Trick
10. Living Next Door to Alice, Smokey

Worst Band/Group Name of All Time (non fiction):

1. Chicken Shack
2. Gong
3. Jah Wobble
4. Sweet
5. Dead Boys
6. Extreme Noise terror
7. PHD
8. Spooky Tooth
9. Showaddywaddy
10. Sha Na Na
11. Babylon Zoo
12. Hoobastank
13. Village People
14. Bikini Kill
15. Blow Monkeys
16. Bongwater
17. Bow Wow Wow
18. Electric Prunes
19. Fun Boy Three
20. Gaye Bikers on Acid

Most Popular/Notorious Personality: (Crawldaddy, Jeremy Loo, Kevant, Jonathan, Garry Tan, Vincent Shum)

Least Popular Personality: (Valerie, Zelda Woo, Patrick Chia, Tan Hee Kiah)

Most Feared Personality Award: (Bryandt, Keri Tan, Hee Kiah, Lee Youn Kay)


Character Awards:

Lame: Alvin Chee, Crawldaddy, Christopher Leow, Garry Tan, Tang Kam Yew

Silent: Lim Yoke Shyng, Wu Jia Ying, Cao Yang, Liu Jie Hong.

Quirky: Ang Sian Lee, Tan Chew Siew, Ayob Bin Ismail, Superdel

Cool: Liu Jie Hong, Soon Tats Fah, Lim Yoke Shyng, Gail Pantin, Tan Jia Xiong, Superdel

Evil: Crawldaddy, Patrick Chia, Tan Hee Kiah, Ayob Bin Ismail, Garry Tan

Funny: Garry Tan, Vincent Shum

Quote of the Year:

Robert Bartlett: "Don't let the cats out or I'll shoot you"

Crawldaddy: "As Shakespeare wrote 'and Judas went and hanged himself', go thou now and do likewise"

Garry Tan: "and the seventh rule overrides everything else: you can do anything you want, just don't get caught"

Charlotte: "Errik, who's the one whose comments can outwrite your posts?"

Gerry Cox: "And drink up people, because the more you drink, the better I sound!"

Mother: "Are you happy now that you've cut your finger, and it cost you four stitches???"

Ayob: "Wow.. hey sitting on this chair makes me feel like I'm sitting on Phuket BITCH, yeah.. Phuket BITCH!!!" (FYI, *bitch* in this sense translates to *beach*)



Occurance of The Year:

1. Crawldaddy performs at Molly Malones Irish Pub on Gerry Cox's birthday
2. Crawldaddy cutting his finger on a band/machine saw (and subsequent 4 stitches)
3. Crawldaddy joking with the surgeon while his finger was being stitched up
4. Alvin shitting in his pants (no, this is NOT made up)
5. Jeremy Loo getting gayed by Kevant
6. Kevant getting revenge-gayed by Jeremy Loo
7. FGG + Chris Leow performing at Crawldaddy's birthday party
8. FGG winning Merit Award for FLIP! Challenge with 'Modus Operandi'
9. Retirement of the Classic 'Legends of Zelda' series, which was infamous
10. SDN Pyramid gang winning NYP Green Campus Day Challenge


Forenote: you can vote via email or commenting on this post.. any biasedness is encouraged and if all else fails vote for the most unlikely candidate! Please do not forget to VOTE!!! Voting closes December 4th (Sunday).


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 11:55 pm, Blogger Giant Zucchini said...

Best Hair: Tough one...I would have given it to Ayob but since he isn't nominated I'd go with Jie Hong.

Worst Hair: I thought I was bad...until I saw Sabrina. Only Babylon 5 comes close.

Best Wardrobe: Between Amanda and Jia Xiong...I'd say Amanda.

Worst Wardrobe: I'm in a league of my own here...

Best Song: Tough one between Watchtower, Murphy, and Down on the Corner...I'd go with Watchtower.

Worst Song: Tough...none quite as bad as that Chicken Little techno song...but I'll go with Kanye West here.

Worst Band Name: Bongwater's pretty bad...and so is Showaddywaddy...but I think Sha Na Na takes the cake here.

Most Popular/Notorious: Between Garry and Vincent...Vincent.

Least Popular: I'd personally go with Patrick...but I think Zelda would be the more accurate choice. Zelda.

Most Feared: Hee Kiah. Not much contest here.

Lame: Me. Only someone like me can make Crawly feel like slapping me every 2 sentences.

Silent: Yoke Shyng. Haven't heard from him this year.

Quirky: I would have gone for somewhere between Isaac and Isaiah but here it's between Sian Lee and Chew Siew...Sian Lee.

Cool: I'd really like to put Soon...but I'll be honest with myself and put Jia Xiong.

Evil: Patrick.

Funny: I would have said me but obviously since I'm not nominated I guess I'm not up to Garry's standards.

Quote of the Year: Phuket Beach. Undoubtedly.

Occurance: I'm gonna say 4. It has special meaning to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home