Saturday, April 22, 2006

What a blur

Hmm.

The past week has been a haze of actitivty.. from the organising of a jam session which has ultimately ended my working partnership with Colin (initiated by him), to visiting Nestle... to finishing the Maggi project (at long fooking last) to working some final finishing touches on my Bon chair. It's been a long week. My aching shoulder being the one other factor giving me the greatest grief.

Last night's jam featured a long list of troubles... I won't lay the blame on anyone.. it didn't feel right, and I should have seen it coming considering individual preferences and prejudices. I'm moving on and I wish the best of luck to those whom I'm walking away from.

Work this morning was significantly better compared to last week, despite my aching shoulders. Things went pretty smoothly and I met one other co-worker whom some people had claimed to be difficult to work with (and here I am reminiscing at the fact that there are in fact more difficult people to work with.. and I should know). However, I found a way around her slightly dictatorial ways to see the person who wants to get things right.. rather than someone who throws their weight around expecting others to follow suit, as I had imagined from the accounts of my other co-workers.

Anyway, I'm not the type who panders to other people, and I do not expect otherwise.. so I just did my job as I was expected to do. In fact as I sit here I think I've learnt a very important lesson this week. That lesson is this:

In this life... your here on this earth for too short a period to be dragged down by insecurities, preferences and egos such that it hinders your personal progress. In fact one action by and individual can be so consequential in such a way that it affects the people around him/her, and sometimes for the sake of the general good one has to leave their personal issues at the door, throw caution to the wind and dare to explore unchartered territories.

That does not encompass blindly walking into danger, but rather being significantly on guard without having to offend honest parties. It is the honest parties we seek in life to forge partnerships with, rather than with those who intend to enforce negative ideas and pessimism. Hence, to progress one must also take heed to those around him/her and not be selfish.. but be generous and forgiving.

For one I've found myself becoming a very liberal and accomodating person lately.. and maybe it's for the best, or for the worse I have no idea.. all I know is that good things are going to happen, and I'm going to be there smiling whereas those who gave up halfway have no other choice but to linger on in an existence which constantly reminds them of their inability to be flexible.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home