Friday, August 27, 2004

Selfish Snobs II (Who still dat??? Who still dere???)

Hmm.

I regularly take a bus to and from from school, and sometimes I take the train to some other destination when the need comes to me. As an objective bystander, I realise that most Singaporeans are really, selfish people who deserve to be hanged for the lack of simple courtesy. So much for the government's 'Be Courteous' movement.

This afternoon, while coming home from school, I was sitting on the seats facing the rest of the bus. The first 20 minutes of the journey were relatively uneventful, and I just sat there listening to Led Zeppelin's BBC Sessions. At one bus stop, a knot of students made their way on board, and there was about 12 people getting on the bus. The foremost of the twelve people was with his friend, and as they proceeded into the bus, they stopped midway, and decided to hang up traffic at the front of the bus.

I looked closely to see if there was any space for that duo to procced further into the bus, but there was plenty of availible room. So these two inconsiderate people just stood there, not budging an inch while they chattered on about some stuff (I couldn't hear them through my earphones), however they were very jovial, and obviously oblivious to the remaining people jammed up front near where i was sitting.

This went on for five more minutes, but i was fuming on the behalf of those, who didn't get a chance to move to the remaining part of the bus, standing and sweating uncomfortably.

Apparently, these two also didn't make an effort to give way to a passenger who tried to pass. When their stop came, only THEN, they decided to make a move. As you can see, very inconsiderate behaviour from today's youth.

A couple of weeks, back, after work, I was preparing to board the train at 5pm, which is approximately rush hour. the platform was jam-packed with people, and I managed to enter the entrance or the train after a few patient seconds, all the while dreading the doors coming to clamp me between their jaws.

Apparently, there was some space in the middle of the train, and the unfortunate people, myself included, got squashed between the people whom i didn't wish to come into physical contact and the two doors.

I was thinking: WILL IT HURT SO MUCH IF THESE IGNORANT BLOKES JUST MOVE A FEW INCHES EACH? Their behaviour suggested that it may hurt that much, and i believe that they've never been sqeezed so badly before, or they'll have given way to those coming on board.

Thank God I only had to endure it for one station. I'd have lambasted those who didn't move and knocked a few stubborn heads (ok, maybe not so much violence).

Cheers, stay considerate.

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home