Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Songs for the (un)common person

Hmm.

As a very avid musician, I would often listen to the radio for good songs to try out on my guitar. Most recently, I've realised that the radio isn't ever going to be a good place to listen out for good songs. Apparently, the best source is my brother, who'll gratefully listen to any thrash that emerges form the airwaves, and maybe milk out a good song or two in a very, very, long while.

So what can I do when there isn't any song worth playing? In the first place, let me introduce you to a new trend growing in the music industry. There are now three ways to get a record deal: One, be a big arsed drug lord who has been bullet-riddled beyond recognition, singing (or maybe just wheezing) hip hop; Two, have a set of big boobs, long legs and a killer smile, and sleep with anybody, especially the record company owner, even though the only thing people will ever trust you with is a piece of tissue paper; Thirdly and finally, sport spiky hair, strap on a battered guitar, gather a few of your best punkish pals and start a punk-whiner group. Sounds simple huh??

I prefer to talk about the last lot of people because most of the time, their music is absolute rubbish, containing stuff that's mostly unconprehensible or simply self-degratory: 'I'm sorry, I can't be (takes a breather) PEERRRRRFEEEEEEEECT....'

Apparently, there's a new genre of music zooming out of the radio sets and entering the eager ears of naive idiots who relate the eighties only to shoulder pads and spandax. What is this new genre? Is it 'exciting'? Is it 'revolutionary'? well, I affectionally call it Punk-Whine.

Why do I call it Punk-Whine? We've all heard of Punk-Rock, so instead of combining Punk music with rock, these guys are just using punk music to whine.... get it? A ver good example is Simple Plan, a 'band' which apparently churns out the kind of sh*t which perfectly fills into the third category for modern-day record companies. Another is Hoobastank (what kinda crap name is Hoobastank???? Apparently, they'd might as well call themselves New Whiners On The Block), which churns out 'sentimental' and 'meaningful' sh*t.

Why do they whine? Why don't they play something which can be at the least mildly lively? Maybe they'll be here to stay and bore the pants off the ladies whom they want to date, and maybe give me more space to shoot them down on my blog!!!! (heeheehee) At the end of the day, I'll still gladly put on something that's more meaningful than being unperfect and whining about it, something like..........Earl Scruggs!!!! At least he's lively.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home