Sunday, September 26, 2004

Kvirks At Vurk (Quirks At Work).

Grrrr.......

The Crawldaddy is mad. Oh, boy is he pissed. He is angry with his workplace, and it's uncannily insensitive people to worker's freedom and working hours and feelings.

Today, I came to work earlier, and since I have to sign in at the office, I decided to make for the office to sign my 'papers'. It was locked. Bugger.

So I waited. I was there at 6:50 in the morning, and I waited until 7:10 before someone (a supervisor) came to unlock the office door, and let me in. Talk about punctuality on OUR part.

Signed my stuff, found out which area (I am working in a convention centre) I am assigned to and found a trolley (cuz you never know when you need it). I reported to my supervisor, and started work.

Besides me, there was also a full-timer working alongside myself. Her name was Conny (not her real name). However, since she was in charge of one room, and I the setting up of a chinese lunch in another, we seldom saw each other in the morning. She always disappears. Talk about RESPONSIBILITY.

So I finished up my set-up of the chinese lunch, and decided to help Conny manage her room, which was the venue of a small exhibition, showcasing (and selling) their healthcare products. As the only guy worker in that area, I was the sole person able to carry heavy stuff whenever the organisers called for it. stuff like boxes, swivel fans and the like were always there for me, the only bloke down there. Whenever I was busy trying to do something, Conny would be chatting animately with the organisers, and ignoring everything else. Even the number of used glasses began to get alarming.

The two things about today which make me pissed are two things: the water container for the guests and the velvet rope across the corridor, preventing the guest (and myself at times) from going beyond into non-guest areas. The water conatiner (which can hold up to at least 15 litres and weighs about 8 kgs dry) was constantly empty due to the number of people who came and went, each time only drinking about half of what they poured into their glass. I had to top it up about four times today (imagine the number of people required to empty 60 litres of water). Also i had to clear away at least 700 glasses and replenish just as much in the process by lunchtime.

the situation was just as bad after lunch, even though I didn't have that empty feeling in my stomach. I was also forced to stay overtime for half an hour, and I don't think I was paid for that half hour.

What a BEAUtiful day. I hate my job. I hate those excessively bothersome people. I wish they'd just don't bring their kids as well. the kids always fool about with the velvet cordon. I hate them.

No Cheers today, mate,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home