Sunday, December 26, 2004

Stuff at home

Hmm.

Well, Christmas is over, and I didn't get 7 bucks per hour for OT. What the crap anyhow, I'm gonna look for fresh pastures, after all especially since I'm sick and tired of being bullied by the management of the Convention Centre.

I'm thinking of myabe trying that 'Boon Musical' along Upp serangoon Rd, but my mind is also drawn towards Clarke Quey, as a friend of mine said there might be opportunities there. I just hope it's a non-smoking place.

Stayed at home te whole of today, just listening to music, and trying to capture THE blues tone from my electric guitar. Also re-strung my 'Crawldaddy' acoustic. It took a while trying to figure out the best tone from my amp and guitar, but I did manage to find Santana's tone, Jimmy Page's concert tones and even Ritchie Blackmore's 'Smoke on the Water' tone.

The thing about staying at home means you have to be subjected to labour dished out by mother. Anyhow, I cleared leaves from the garden and mopped up the patio.

The weird thing about doing all this was that (although I was listening to Led Zeppelin at the same time) doing the work helped clear my mind off stupid stuff, and just gave me the moment to feel 'High Heaven'.

Ever watched 'Bruce Almighty'? Remember Morgan Freeman's character saying that 'a man who does a simple job of mopping the floor can go home smelling high heaven, more than a man who has all the pleasures in life'.

Digressing at this point in time, but I sure as pancakes want to go down to Orchard and just take a stroll from Somerset to Orchard MRT, cuz that's somehting I've never had the opportunity to do in like a year or so. I'm not kidding, my life has been centering around City Hall, NYP, the MRT line and home, no more nor less.

Aunt Joan and family are arriving tomorrow nite, and we're supposed to have dinner together (but they are sure to come to my place) on New Year's Eve. Maybe we'll see the countdown before going back. Maybe only, cuz that's something I'm sure Tina can appreciate, her being the more metropolitan person.

I just miss having a bunch of friends to hang out with, just shoot the shit with. Come to think of that, here's my New Year's list of resolutions:

01. Devote more time, poly course 70/30 to guitar time.
02. Gain better relationships with classmates.
03. Gain more sense of conscience at home towards parents.
04. Get better job.
05. Learn to be better organised.
06. Regain Tina's favour.
07. Learn how to cook.
08. Understand people around myself.
09. Gain more self-confidence / love life.
10. Reduce amount of cussing on blog.

Anything in common with me? Maybe so, maybe not it's up to your imagination, but this about sums up what I wish to do to myself, in an attempt to become a better person, reduction of evilness not included.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home