Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas Cheer

Hmm.

Oh well, the debate team's 'Christmas Party' wasn't all too bad. Alvin and I only strated playing at about 4:15 or so, and we managed to polish off these numbers:

01. Intro
02. I Love
03. Folsom Prison Blues
04. Old Man
05. Take Me Home, Country Roads
06. Leaving On A Jetplane
07. Nothing At All
08. Messin' With The Blues
09. Search Away, Spring In Christchurch

Not that bad, considering that out of the twenty songs I initially planned for the party, it was then shaved down to 14, then We threw in 'I Love', a song which I had only learnt last night, but had already had arough idea about for a month or so. Also along with that was the two John Denver staples 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' and 'Leaving On A Jetplane'.

It was actually quite great, the part before Gail came in with the food and drinks. Everyone was goofing around, trading jokes etc, and I was constantly asking Alvin whether we should start playing 'Now?'.

Pity Char or Juls wasn't there. I'm sure they were preoccupied substantially to miss it. Anyhow, it was pretty fun, as it was an all acoustic affair, and 'Intro' was subtly enhanced (or maybe significantly enhanced) with Alvin's banjo whenever he could manage the parts which are quite predictable.

Just for your info, 'Intro' is an organic song which changes subtantially whenever I play it.

It just seems so fun when Alvin's wondering what I'm gonna do next.

Oh, and my V.I. (Vertical Integration) senior year-2 partner happens to be a (if I may say so) quite visually pleasant girl.

Apparently, she can't really sketch for nuts (DO NOT TELL HER THAT), and I was doing most of the talking.

Thank God it is a simple, short-term project. I can't wait to see how she gets at in model-making. I fear for the sake of a well-made final product that she might have difficulty making it.

Wait a minute, and I thought these issues will only be in the senior's mind, not a junior's.

Anyhow, we'll see how things go.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home