Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas party prepping and Patricia Hu (whooo.....)

Hmm.

Day 2 of the new semester with a blank period in the morning as Limky had told us not to come due to him not being able to get the lecture notes on time. No problem, just sat at home and played my guitar.

I went to school and had lunch with Alvin while I suggested the idea of providing entertainment for Gail's debate Christmas party which is being held tomorrow afternoon. Alvin scared me for a moment when he first said yes, then no.

Finally it is a yes. Though sadly, even though the party is starting at 3pm, we'll only come in around 4:15 or so due to Alvin's class ending at 4pm or so. And I wish to practise my playing before I go and embarrass myself in front of the debate team.

Anyhow, this is going to an all-acoustic affair due to me lending my mini-amp to Char, and I do not want to drag my electric down to school even though I am taking the MRT now (actually even more so, due to the inavailibility of seats on the MRT in the morn).

This are the songs I hope we can play tomorrow:

1. Intro (acoustic)
2. A Simple Life
3. Old Man
4. Better Is One day
5. Better Than Life
6. Be Like That
7. He's So Smart
8. Country Boy, Breakaway
9. Folsom Prison Blues
10. Libyan On A Jetplane (Leaving On A Jetplane)
11. Nothing At All
12. Searchaway, Spring In Christchurch
13. Sweetest Dreams
14. Starry Night
15. Freedom For My Finger
16. A Different Place
17. Messin' With The Blues
18. I'm Gonna Find My Own Way
19. Stairway To Heaven
20. No More Tears


Oh, and my afternoon class was held by a lady (whom some guys in my class were betting whether she was pretty or not), going by the name of Patricia Hu. Originally, some people in my class (yours truly non-withstanding) mistook that period to be held by Patrick Chia.

Ok, so we were late for ten minutes, and she came in around five minutes later, and she then tried to trick us into believing we were taking accountancy.

RIGHT.

Anyhow, she was rambling on and smiling very widely to all of us, and the topic then settled on us getting our lecture notes (which then became my sacred duty to purchase on behalf of my class). Ok, I went and purchased one book to confirm the price, and I then collected everybody's cash.

After buying the books, (apparently Patricia was unnecessarily impressed with my foresight of buying a book for myself first) and distributing the books to my classmates, I settled down for the lesson.

She touched on the topics of classroom courtesy without much hassle, then or the module structure. Although it was quite interesting to hear about the module structure, I couldn't help realising that Patricia was trying very hard to smile widely and being nice to everyone.

Not that it's a bad thing. It's just seeing her take the extra effort which brought extra attention to myself.

The lesson finally officially started, and she glossed on marketing stuff (she tried to trick us just now) and then the lesson went on until 4:45 or so.

It was good, overall, the lesson. I just hope she doesn't transform herslef drastically by the next lesson.

Anyhow, wish us (Alvin and Myself) luck for tomorrow's 'gig'.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home