Sunday, March 06, 2005

Clutch that matey! IV

Hmm.

One of the patrons at the pub went up to me yesterday and had a conversation with me:

Patron: 'Hey, you were the guy who sang last night, right?'

C: 'Yeah!'

Patron: 'You did well, actually. it's only we couldn't hear you sing, you were too soft.'

C: 'Hmm, yeah, I suppose i didn't go close enough to the mike.'

Patron: 'i think you were good, what you did, your guitar work was all right, but you need to sing from within, and not rely on your throat so much'

C: 'Okay, thanks, appreciate it!'

Patron: 'no probs!'


Wow. So I didn't really suck that bad... considering two of the three songs I performed involved complex picking, and i forgot my lyrics on a strumming song. That bloke really made my day.

Another thing about working at the pub is, where else can you go about doing your job and sing along with twenty other beer-guzzling, song-bellowing men and realise you can't even hear yourself? it's such a great environment to see pub-goers singing along with you, and high-fiveing you when you sing along with them.

It's also a good place to know what songs are appropriate for big gatherings, where all you want to do is have fun and sing along. I'm preparing to learn a few songs myself, most of them Irish drinking songs.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home