Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Rush of warmth to the Class II

Hmm.

Things within my class seem to be taking a good turn these few days. I've been connecting with my classmates in what seems to be the best conversations so far, and just hanging out with them just doesn't seem any less cooler than anything else. It's a good thing.

I was having my Comm Skills class today, and since we were supposed to have class at 8:30am, in typical 'first-year poly student' fashion almost more than half the class was late. What came after that was worse: I couldn'y stop my eyes from closing... it's like an irresistable force coming over the eyelids and just pressing them downwards.

Basketball this week is cancelled due to commitments to finish off Patrick's clock, and also due to the need for the males (including yours truly) to apologise to Keri for making her feel uncomfortable about her dress sense.

The thing about Keri is that she is pretty in her own special way, and she likes to come to school in mini-skirts and tank tops, tight jeans etc. Then she came in a tube-top yesterday and all the guys just couldn't stop cracking jokes about it. Naturally and understandably, she's feeling almost pissed with most of us because of our incessant joking.

Just in case you were wondering what we joked about, we just said stuff like: be careful in case it (the tube top) fell off, how we couldn't stand her sudden 'exposure' blah blah blah... yeah, kinda stupid. But it was all in a good spirit, not a negative one.

Anyhow, managed to get a good look at Char in a long while, also managed to wantonly destroy Alvin's vase model. I tried to redeem myself by glueing it back for Alvin.

The most interesting thing which happened today was a conversation between myself and one of my female classmates. We were both just doing our stuff in block M, when she just started asking me about why i worked part-time and whether I stayed in a landed property. My answer to that was: first, I need the cash to prevent over-dependence on my parents; second yes, I do stay in a landed property.

Then she went on to touch on topics such as Alvin's incessant need to wear shorts, and the behavioural patterns of the guys in my class. The latter topic included talking about one of the guys in my class (not me, definitely) who couldn't stop looking at all the girls' chests, and just being a slight perv.

The topics then swerved to how she was involved in a relationship herself with a former R.I. guy, and how he just became a dick in the end. All of the sudden she asked my what I look for in a girl. I said the following:

"What I look for in a girl? I suppose I'd be able to accept anyone so long as I know her character and She just gives me that special feeling. That special feeling can come either at first sight (definite target) or come eventually (possible target), but i do not restrict myself to looks unless she looks like a piece of roadkill originating from a highway somewhere in New Zealand.

In any case, i'm not descriminating against Kiwi ladies.

However, I'm not the type of guy who blows my pay away just to buy a girls stuff (sorry, ladies), but I feel that a stroll down East Coast, pouring out my heart and making a girl feel special is worth more than giving her an Ipod or some expensive gift to 'buy her heart'."

End of what I look for in a girl... not definite, but definitely unrestrictive.

She then said something unexpected (I'm not making this up):

"You know, (my name), if a girl manages to have you as her boyfriend, I'd have to say she's very fortunate."

Can you hear the collective breath of doubt? I think so.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home