Thursday, March 17, 2005

Clutch that matey! V

Hmm.

Today's St. Patrick's Day. a.k.a the Irish New Year Day, which means I'm due for work at Molly Malone's at 6pm. What the crap... I've got mechanics test tomorrow (open book) and I even slept during the last lesson in Limky's class. I'm sure to die tomorrow even though it's an open book test and I managed to copy down a couple of question solutions etc.

AutoCAD today was a real blast.. we had no lesson, and we just sat down together over several com terminals and did our Comm Skills e-assessment, which is kinda like an online Comm Skills test... since all of us were there to do it together, we decided to find someone do be a test dummy and do the test questions first before allowing the rest to copy down the test answers (true/false, multiple-choice).

In the end, yours truly offered himself as the test dummy, and we all sat down together to work out the answers. The result wasn't that bad: 17 out of 20 questions. After I finished my test, the rest were very eager to try out the test, only to find out that their test questions were entirely different or variations from mine, which meant that their copied answers were completely useless... Kudos to the whole class for helping me get 17 out of 20! However, don't rule out my intelligence: I and one of my classmates helped another of my classmates get 17.5/20!!!

Did I mention I did an e-survey regarding feedback for the modules I took for the whole semester? Anyhow, I put alot of negative feedback for Patrick's module and some negative stuff for Ayob's 'Material, Form and Perspective' simply because the both of them were quite unhelpful during the whole course. Twilli even asked me whether what i did was true.. apparently i had told someone about it and they spread it around.

Ah, whatever, some of the lecturers deserve to be lambasted for laziness, negligence, ignorance and dickness etc.

Apart from the two of them I gave the oher lecturers their dues and put in some comments about the short workshop times. Bugger Ayob refused to give us time after 6pm, citing he had 'already discussed it with the deputy director'.

I just once again thank God I'm not in the same class as Alvin because he seems to have a hard time getting his things done on time, and I hate to be in such situations even though he's working with a much better lecturer (Zainudin), but still stuck with Patrick for the second semester in a row. He's also needing to mess around with all the dreaded materials: blue foam+wall putty, MDF, clay and plaster... *shudder*.

i just put myself to imagine what I'd be doing if my lecturer forced me to make my model using all of those materials.. I'd probabaly go crazy just cutting and sanding and applying the wall putty... i'm a very impatient person.

Talk about impatience.. Comm Skills ended very late today because we had an oral presentation and the last group ended their run at about 12:35... 35 mintues eaten into out lunch time.. and their topic of presentation was... food.

I then decided to have Hokkien Mee because I hadn't tried it since goodness-knows-when. i suppose I was extremely agitated and angry when the hokkien mee took 10 minutes just to appear. By that time I almost wanted my money back and get something quick: a hungry man is an angry man.

Wish me luck for tonight... I need the energy to run up and down and serve beer-deprived folks.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home