Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It just Keeps Getting Better And Better II:Catch no ball!

Hmm.

I came to school today and tried very hard to secure a computer in Block M's level 6 Com lab. As usual, the seniors were hogging the darn desktops and all I could do from 8:50 to 9:15 am was sitting there at a desk within five metres of the computers and waiting just so I could copp any computer that managed to go unattended or if a senior managed to finish their 3D rendering or whatever they were doing.

In the end, I accomplished little with the sitting and trying to jot down my thoughts regarding my Comm Skills project (due tomorrow!!!) on the foolscap paper lying there innocently and I could almost hear the darns paper mocking me for my mental incapacity and physical inability to write things down. Worst thing was, I had Led zep blasting and that yielded no mojo neither.

In the end, at about 9:15, one senior finally left a terminal and I quickly occupied it only to discover the unit could not accept my zip disk because the zip drive was faulty.

Nabeh.

Anyhow, I managed to use the internet on that com to get all the facts I needed before I jotted them down onto the foolscap paper. In the end, by 9:30 I had gotten restless and decided that i couldn't milk any more info out of the darn com. So I decided to pay Alvin a token visit at the workshop.

I had originally decided to come to school to play basketball with my classmates in the morning as we had no lessons, and since I felt that my bones and flesh needed a much overdue workout and crash course in how to sweat constructively. Oh, and the 'sweating constructively' part does not, I repeat does not, apply to my bones.

On the way to the workshop, I managed to bump into Chin Yee, who is one of the basketball 'kakis', and I decided to forgo the trip down to block R since I had already hooked up with Chin Yee.

Basketball went quite well, although i couldn't shoot for nuts during the actual game, but I ddi fine during the practise 'sessions'. Chin Yee turned into my basketball mentor by teaching me how to shoot, stand and basically how to play the game. I don't know whether you guys know... I haven't touched a basketball since Secondary Three.

In the end, i had lunch with Chin Yee and Co before visiting Alvin at the workshop. Apparently, Zelda had cut her hair over the weekend and I had not noticed because I didn't even want to let her think I was looking at her. Much less notice any difference.

Note: there wasn't any difference in the exterior nor the interior (brain).

I then went back up block M to type down the notes I had made for my Comm Skills project. At first, my group mate Twilli (not his real name) had suggested we all try and make to the five-page mark to ensure we were safe content-wise. Guess how many pages I managed to conjure up?

Six bloody pages... including pictures and text, but I have to admit that the pictures allowed for me to get away with a somewhat limited volume in text.

After I finished off my Comm Skills project, I emailed it to Twilli for processing, and hopefully I could receive the full report (from the entire group) by tonight for editing. After I had sent the email, i decided to join Alvin down at the science centre as he had wanted to see (and involve himself) in the robotics competition.

I have no idea what sort of itch he had in his shorts, but he sure spent a lot of time down there.. and I'm sure if I didn't pull him to his sense, he'd still eb at the science centre and knocking himself out with all the politics and gore involved with your oh-so-innocent, geek-infested robotics competitions.

I just went there to hopefully regain my sense of belonging with Saint Andrew's secondary (apart from the fact one of our juniors will be joining Industrial Design next semester) and hopefully manage to enjoy the view. View of what i will not say.

I suppose the littlest jokes can make your day... one of the servos on the robot got spoilt and Alvin, Minister of Silence Yoke Shyng and yours truly had to go to Chinatown just to get a replacement servo and hopefully repair the old one at the same time:

Alvin: 'Yes, we used the servo to drive an arm'

Auntie: 'Ok...'

Alvin: 'Ah ha.. and the arm was supposed to grab some balls..'

Auntie: 'Ok...'

Crawldaddy and Yoke Shyng: (snickers)

Alvin: 'Yah, so when the motor spoiled..'

Crawldaddy: 'It catch no ball!'

All of us just laughed... what fun! On the way back, we dropped by a food centre to get some drinks... while i had gotten myself a green tea, and Alvin ordered a Soya bean milk, somehow the order got mixed and he got a sugar cane drink instead.


Ah what can i say.. we're all weird people..


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

3 Comments:

At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!MY INTERNET"S UP!!!

 
At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah. char here

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger Crawldaddy said...

Hmm.

Char, please do not flood my mail... it ain't nice girl... do not force me to do something I don't want to do.... flodding your email back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home