Friday, March 18, 2005

Clutch that matey! VI

Hmm.

Whoa. Work yesterday was such a blast... the pub was packed to the brim with Guinness-guzzling folk who just can't seem to stop blocking your way whenever you need to move from one end of the pub.

I suppose the best thing of the night was that I managed to get hold of a Guinness Pint Hat, which was so stupendiously huge, it got in the way of door-frames and over-hangs when I wore it. The Pint Hat was basically the top-half of a pint of Guinness draft formed into a hat, and the brim was like a three-leaf clover. Pictures coming soon.

The night was just a very long, torturous ordeal involving squeezing oneself between all sorts of people and getting food nicked out of the bowl as you tried to pass by. Needless to say when you move from one end of the pub (and beyond) and back, you'll encounter at least three people asking you in thick, Irish accent for 'Two Guinness and half a pint of Cider, please'. Then you'd have to neglect your other duties to ensure that guest gets their drinks and hopefully you'll get back to your duties in time to prevent the supervisor from shouting at you.

Anyhow, apart from the pain in the legs, feet and arms and back, I managed to have a genuine smile on my face and I trotted around and looking absurd in that huge hat. But I must admit I enjoyed wearing the hat.

I finished my shift at midnight and I took a cab home and woke up this morning to revise for my Mechanics test at 1pm (just now). I suppose i did alright for the test because i managed to do all the questions without much problems and I also checked and rectified some mistakes.

After I got off the bus to go home, I decided to visit my local second-hand guitar shop and I managed to buy a second-hand echo unit!!! It cost me a cool S$120, which burned a huge hole in my pocket but somehow soothed the envy I had of Alvin whose father bought him a laptop!!!

Bugger got a laptop and it wasn't even his bloody birthday! I can't even get two cents worth of gifts from my parents who have decided to be the most miserly and allow me to get my own presents, apart from my mum, who gave me my mandolin last year for a 'belated birthday gift'... bollocks. Anyhow, I've already gotten used to getting next to nothing or no acknowledgment for my birthday from my parents ("Oh, today's your birthday ah? Go and sweep the garden please..") but surprisingly Brother Dearest still manages to get me something no matter how late in the day it is.

Just in case you were wondering.. it isn't my birthday yet. I'm just envious of Alvin. But he's dependant on me for some things. In any case, he's got no excuse to bring his gear over and record at my place simply because I've got a keyboard, four guitars, a wah-wah pedal, an echo unit, a mandolin, a good microphone and also because he owes me the reciprocation I've deserved from him since last year.

I'm just going to try and find my camera and take a shot of myself and the Pint Hat... and post it soon.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home