Monday, March 28, 2005

Woooaaahhhhh....

Hmm.

I had lunch with Char and Alvin today, and what fun we had... Alvin and I had to wait for her simply because she couldn't find her spectacles and she was significantly delayed. In any case, the main point of us having lunch was just to hang out, talk crap ("asparagus" disorder), shoot the shit (more "asparagus" disorder) and for Char to return the micro Marshall amplifier i had lent to her since more than three months ago.

Just in case you were wondering what the "asparagus disorder" is, just go to Alvin's blog www.giantzucchini.blogspot.com and you will find all of Alvin's flaws pointed out in bold, and with the exclusion of the fact he openly scratches his family jewels*.

*Brandon Goh, an old schoolmate and friend states that Alvin is known as "the grand-master ball-scratcher".


Sorry Alvin.

Anyhow, I just think it's getting stupid, talking about what makes a person different from others in a bad way... you need AC/DC to wake you up, and no more Planet Shakers. For one, you'll never witness me scratching me balls in public. No more Planet Shakers.

Anyhow, managed to smuggle Alvin make to my place and jam and record some stuff... all of it turned out to be rather crappy because of 1. the lack of more microphones and 2. the lack of a good sound card and 3. the lack of a good sound-recording programme and finally 4. the inconsistancy of modern-day technology, particularly Compaq computers... they suck really bad.

Don't get me wrong, the musicianship was absolutely there, but i suppose we all tend to get all tired out after a hard day's work working on two lumps of blue foam, sticking sand onto the two lumps and spraying the lumps with silver paint and lacquer.

Oh, and those two lumps of foam are modelled after my own two hands, and is supposed to be Patrick's 'Hands' door stopper. Apparently, Zainudin and a couple of other people say they aren't too bad on the eyes, but i still think they look good in a crappy, crude sort of way... just like Modern Art**.

** a.ka. subjective crap.

However, I suppose I'll be trying to push out the mechanics assignment given out to us by Limky and is supposed to he handed up tomorrow... I'll be needing Alvin's help for this one. For the record, I have never, ever liked or enjoyed doing mathematics... it's just due to the education system in Singapore, I have turned into a number-crunching freak incapable of making sure my times-table isn't focked up by the amount of blue foam I breath in every time I enter the darn workshop.

I simply hate maths... I have never understood why it's so important why A maths is 'The key to a brighter future' other than the fact I can progress academically using my A2 for A Maths, 70 percent of which i have happily forgotten, and the rest I am trying to push out of my head.. Is stuff like logarithms or sine/cosine going to help me survive in the outback desert or siberian tundra? i suppose I could calculate the odds of survival with no food and thereby ensure my life will end not by lack of food, but through depression.

All my life I have sucked at maths.. I still do because I have no darn interest in it... i just suck it in and blow it out my arse because sometimes just sticking to the crap can have some unexpected results i.e. getting A2 for A maths and E maths. I'm not proud of that achivement.. I'm just indifferent, it's like being fed on hay and getting the expected results: shitting it out with difficulty.

The weird point for today was when Ayob said that it is a shame I wasn't an actor.. according to him it was 'such a pity' i wasn't in the acting business. Well, my talents seems to lie in both shores of producing and playing music and improvising bullshit. i suppose I could try out acting, but I'd say that the producers had better give me a lot of freedom of expression, not to mention room for improvisation.

I'd better work on my Limky assignment.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home