Friday, May 13, 2005

The Idiosyncrasies Of Crawldaddy Part II

Hmm.

Ok, to continue on this 'series' of posts.... the last time round, I covered my infatuation for proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in the English language. Today, I shall cover my (sometimes) irritating love of taking 'paparazzi' shots of the people around me.. whether it is in school or anywhere else.

The thing is, I was turned on to photography at a very young age... before I was born, my dad had purchased a very old analogue camera (yes, it used film) which had a timer, manual focus, and an add-on flash unit that was roughly the side of a small dictionary.

I was taught how to use that camera quite well, I could focus with the knobs around the lense, choose the proper contrast (well, it was just twiddling the knob until an indicator light turned on), how to put people into a photo etc.

In essense, I was taught how to take good shots at a very young age.

Then came the age of digital cameras, and subsequently camera phones which could take shots as easy as *that. I supposed I was galvanised by the way you didn't have to worry about how your shot turned out with digital cameras, and if it was screwed up, you only wasted battery power, followed by the deleting of the unwanted picture.

Anyhow, my passion for photography was further fueled by the fascination of how an effect of a photo has upon a person... which essentially is the subconscious emotion a person goes through when viewing a photograph. While I have not attained the level of photographic skills required to capture specific moments in life which evoke very strong feelings, I am working towards that level.

I suppose for some of you who know me on a personal level, you'd probably seen me holding a camera and asking you to smile. For those who smiled, and for those who squealed and ran out of camera-shot... you know what I'm talking about here.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home