Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Love XVI

Hmm.

Here's a tribute poem to commemorate Mothers' Day:

Well you've always been there, ever since I was naive and young
you taught me how to walk, and insisted I learn my mother tongue
now I look back, and it's funny that I still wince in recognition
your familiar smile and lack of respect for my personal disposition

From cleaning ups to ensuring I didn't play too loudly my guitar
I'm assuming you had initially wanted me to go in life very far
now I see you standing there and making sure my bed and table are neat
and here I am knowing without you I wouldn't be standing on my feet

I know you've always said I'm forever your little, 5-yr-old boy
and I think it's time you saw me now, when I'm playing with bigger toys
my needs and wants, though often acknowledged with much reminding
have been fulfilled somewhat reluctantly albeit my lacklustre demanding

So here I am and not needing you to remind me when to cut my hair
I've realised that through you, God has already given to me a life very fair
thankful or not, it still remains to be seen, after all you will need my care
when you rest peacefully I'll know you are already ascending that hallowed stair


Not too wonderful, but as always, the meaning is unclear unless you head is devoid of ulterior meanings and expressions.

Have a happy Mothers' Day.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home