Thursday, June 02, 2005

Vertigo!

Hmm.

Today was mainly taken up by a whole new V.I. (aka Vertical Integration) project, which involved the two yr 2 classes, and one yr 3 class. I was actually surprised to discover that there were only 13 yr 3s from that particular class... will my class population dwindle to that point?

Anyway, since there were fewer yr 3s than there was yr 2s.. we were split into groups of 3 people, with some groups having no yr 3s at all (mine included). In fact, my initial fear regarding this year's V.I. was the probability of me being slumped together with Melissa (***shudder***), whose company I would notr want to be in for a very long time, if not never at all.

The theme for this semester's V.I. was 'Souvenirs'. Righty-oh.

I was placed with my classmate XiWai (yahoo, man!) and a girl from Alvin's class called Jia Ying. We launched ourselves into action the moment Michael Gan (our V.I. lecturer-in-charge) said:

"Go!!!"

Within 20 minutes, we had brain-stormed the various possible types of souvenirs we could come up with, followed by allocating two types of products to each group memeber, of which each member was responsible for designing five concepts. I guess that I was very satisfied and content with which we proceeded with the brain-storming, product selection and concept-allocation.

I must say, with the enthusiasm and of XiWai, and the apparent easy-to-work-with attitude of Jia Ying, followed by my sense of decisiveness... we are an exceptionally well-oiled machine... let's hope it stays that way.

Looking away from my group.. I find that there are some very unusual combinations... and looking at the group in which Melissa is in, I wonder at how they are going to go about working their ideas. Apparently, Melissa is put together with my classmate, Wei Ting (aka Victorina) and Alvin's classmate, Bei Zi. If I might say so, these three girls are hardly the most motivated people in the world, much less... the recipe for disaster if they do not get their game going quickly.

At least in my group, you have compassionate people like XiWai and myself, who respect other's decisions, and who appreciate and encourage participation from Jia Ying who is very soft-spoken, and somewhat shy. Jia Ying is also responsive in return, towards which I am most grateful, on top of the fact that I believe that she can unleash her creativity when partnering with XiWai and myself.

However I must say, that although I am a driving factor within the group, XiWai gives it more soul, and Jia Ying can be able to give it more heart.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home