Friday, December 30, 2005

Interview With Crawldaddy

Hmm.

Ripping off those crap thingie messages on Friendster:

So tell me, how does it feel to be 18 at long last?

I'll tell you how it feels, I feel like I'm riding the pig's back, but at the same time, it feels like something's straddling my arse for the last couple of months.. must be Murphy's Law.

Right. Had any alcohol in the last month?

I have to honest. Yes. I had one vodka tonic one week after my birthday, and I had a beer coupel of weeks back. Not feeling guilty, because I know I can handle it, and I'm not afraid to confront my inability to consume alcohol in copious amounts. Hence I took only a half-pint that evening/morning.

And you've been playing guitar for 5 years.. feel good being where you are right now?

Like I said, I'm riding the pig's back.. I've got my fingers in all sorts of pie, and the thing which is constipating all my efforts is the damn school system. Fooking miserablist establishment had to make me cancel my Tuesday gigs when Gerry was away, and I had to settle for ONE Thrusday evening gig, which was frankly, utter shite. Nuff said.

And love life? How's that coming along?

Ah.. feeling like a male Bridget Jones, to be honest.. hopeful but indifferent... I'm different.. I'm not desperate like that ficticious character. Not desperate for a shag either, because it's wrong, and I've always thought so. Got my heart broken once or twice, but that's the way things go.. you gotta get trodden on before you can bounce back and knacker 'em back in the kisser. Just kidding... I love the people around me. Excluding dimwits and dumbfooks.

What do you think of your achievements in the past year?

To be truthful, it's been very fulfilling.. winning a merit with Alvin for the chair thingie, and trying to get into the FLY competition (failed, but wtf, anyway) and the Pyramid Gang winning the competition and all. Very Happy for all that, but I still think I've got a long way more to travel, and it's a winding road.

Made any enemies recently?

I don't think so. If anything I've been trying to heal all the old wounds. Fook 'em if they can't compromise... nothing's worse than a stiff neck. Truth to tell, some people will remain as they are: self-conceited and unforgiving... but what's the point in charging in with all barrels blazing? You're only gonna shoot yourself in the foot, anyway.

I notice you're rather conservative this year?

I am? Not sure as to what you are referring to.. maybe I've been doing less bullshit, but I sure as hell still love to imitate my boss who tried to pretend playing the bagpipes with a four-legged chair. I still love to scream with joy, but I guess it's because I'm older, and I was burning out anyways... Remember that I did sit on Jeremy and made him wear that ridiculous scrungie. Bollocks to the idiot who bought me that.

Fact or fiction: Crawldaddy is a biased bastard.

It ultimately depends on how you look at it because I come from a background whereby I believe in my points of view very strongly. Unless you can prove me outright that what I know is wrong, I have no comment, but until then, anything and everything is debatable. I have no qualms saying right now that I'd be willing to change my point of view, but I don't take to bullshit lightly.

If someone dared you to sing the national anthem in front of 500 people, would you do it?

No. First off, I'm not a fan of the national anthem because I think it's much better off as an instrumental. No doubt singing it brings greater pride and joy, but considering that this is a social democracy... it's like waving the flag of political-correctness. Secondly, if I'm the sole performer, it's worse, because I find myself a person who cannot connect very well with the majority of the population (for fook's sake, I listen to Pink Floyd.. who the heck of my generation listens to Pink Floyd??) and hence I would not be an accurate representation of my peers, and I have no desire to be one, but rather someone who can provide a different perspective on things.

So what's the plan for next year?

Try and get into shape. Right now I'm a right slob.. I'm a slacker and that's not who I am. I'm a rocker.. I want to get things done, and I want to shake off this coat of slackedness. Also try to focus better. Too many distractions. Love more. Shirk less. Give more. Procrastinate less.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home