Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mother's Love XXIV

Hmm.

I swear, if I have to, I'll hire some professional account-hacker to wire me some cash so that whatever I buy will be unknown to my mum. Similarly, I'd buy some horse-tranquiliser to shoot her down so that she'll give me at least five second's worth of peace and quiet.

Why am I saying this?

As you guys probably know from my previous posts, I've just got a new handphone, and I wanted to get a handphone pouch for it, so as to minimise the amount of wear and tear inflicted upon my latest pride and joy (ok, fine, only my Muddy Waters Telecaster is truly my pride and joy). As I was searching through the NYP shopping arcade, I soon realised that the phone pouches on sale were too frickin' sissy and frankly overpriced. Hence, the DIY guy in me emerged once more.

I went down to Dhoby Ghaut, Plaza Singapura and got myself a set of electric guitar strings, a bottle of lemon oil (for cleaning my guitars' fretboards), a set of cotton twine and blue-grey velvet. I was planning to change the strings on my SG and I also planned to make a handphone pouch for myself.

So I went home, started on the pouch when my mum came in:

Mum: 'What are you so busy about?' (she seems to be watching my every move, so the moment I'm awake, I seem to be as busy as a bee)

Crawldaddy: 'I'm making myself a handphone pouch'

M: 'wah, where you get the material?'

C: 'I bought it just now'

M: 'can make one for me as well?'

C: 'I have other things to do later lah'

M: 'No, I don;t care, you're going to make one for me'

C: 'Can I PLEASE don't?' (right now I know, resistance is futile)

M: 'No. Do it.'

As you can see, my dear mother is incredibly accomodating and understanding... so much so I think she deserves the frickin' 'Parent of The Year' Award. Yeah, awarded for sheer willpower and ability to enslave any child.

So I made both phone pouches, hers especially grudgingly. I purposely made it too small to show her my displeasure. I don't care. I was so pissed about it I had no mood to touch my guitar afterwards.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home