Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Of Earphones and good music...

Hmm.

At very very very long last, I have patched up my old earphones (bought em for <$25, but they sound wicked when plugged into my discman) for let's see... the fifth time? I learnt my lersson: I'm never taking them out of the house for leisurely use.. just solely for sound production and relaxing.

Because of the previous four times I had patched up my earphones, the wire has gone from 1.5 metres to a mere foot (12 inches) long. Mainly because I severed off the old length and 'transplanted' my other sony 'short-length' wire onto it (I had spoilt my sony earpones which were stock earphones for my discman.. accidentally doused it in water, so I just decapitated off the earpieces and attached the remaining wire to my old earphones) and voila... perfectly functioning cans.

Anyhow. The stock earphones for my ROKR phone came with those foam-like earpiece comforters (things which you slip around the earpieces to ensure a snug fit with your ear-hole), and they were frankly bloody uncomfortable. Searching aroudn the shopping arcade at NYP I found a pair of rubber comforters which I'm wearing right now, and frankly, they're a frickin' God-send, and they definitely do not constipate the sound like the foam ones do.

I bought a pair of guitar hangers for my old acoustics, so that they would not take up so much floor space. Thign is.. where to put the darn things as in which part of my room? As a main display item or in a more obscure area? I'm not sure.. and Mother Dearest's not helping because she's always indecisive about such things (namely the potential for disfiguring the walls in case we choose a bad spot).


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home