Monday, December 26, 2005

One Way Ticket...

Hmm.

I recently managed to get a copy of 'One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back', which is the Darkness' latest album. One word: ROCKIN'!!!

Ok, although fans of the early Darkness sounds may not receive the same sonic whallop from the first album, the 2nd album from the Lowestoft lads still packs the same sense of humour albeit much more subtle now but at least they are experimenting with different instrumentations including sitars, synthesizers, pan-flutes and... bagpipes.

Initially, I wasn't used to this lighter, stadium-rock sound, and I was secretly hoping they could have a hot-shit riff-rocker in store, but I was sorely diasppointed, but largely rewarded with Justin's soaring vocals and Dan's searing lead-work.

I give them 7/10 for their effort, but I'm thinking that many people like myself still wished they could have held onto their older sound, and churn out more riffs, rather than bleeping synth bits.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home