Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wow II

Hmm.

Incredibly I've received a bit of motivation today. Last week, I had Daniel's mid-crit presentation regarding our home office product thingie (some of my other classmates worked on a different theme) and it was the debut of my Levi's Jacket.

Anyway, the thing about that presentation was that everyone did the best that they could (considering the circumstances what with all the project woes and all), and some people had minor cock-ups regarding their presentation. One classmate even had to go back home to re-retrieve her presentation.

We were given a 10-min time slot to show everyone else what we had done (this was the presentation which involved the infamous five-guy, dancing-behind-daniel's-back performance during XiWai's turn) and I dunno, but everyone else seemed to have over-shot. If not, it might just have been the fact that their presentation had made 10 minutes seem like 30.

Okay bottom line regarding this bit of motivation is that I got top for the mid-crit presentation etc. It wasn't just about the presentation, but more of the areas I covered within the presentation itself, which made mine stand out somewhat. Not that I'm putting my classmates down. I respect them utterly.

No doubt that I managed to clinch top student for Yr2 semester1. No doubt that getting top in studio project means everything. What I want to focus on now, is the fact that I need to raise the ceiling... push the boundaries and keep stretching the envelope. Truth is yesterday evening I completely re-did my studio project 3D model because of a few flaws in my initial design.

My presentation last week felt somewhat shorter than that being done by my other classmates. And that's why I was mildly shocked at my results... which aggregated 83.75%, which came from 67 out of 80 marks allocated to 8 different catagories. I received 3 '9's, and 5 '8's. Whoo hoo.

Coming out of Daniel's class today, I couldn't help but whoop with joy.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

PS: Isn't it weird? Just as I'm feeling so crap emotionally this sort of thing just comes so suddenly and out of the blue. Thank you God.

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home