Friday, August 27, 2004

Long, tiresome day......

Sigh.

Today isn't a good day for the crawldaddy. I'm very depressed for several reasons, and they all revolve around my school life. Today is the end of term (where in the secondary school we sing with great gusto the end-of-term hymn, which all of us enjoy), and the fuzzy green grass decided to hold a small performance in a common area within our block.

Starting off with our standard kick-off piece 'A Simple Life', we noticed that we were only playing to one very annoyingly avid fuzzy green grass fan (we actually preferred no one listening to us, than that annoying person hanging around like a vulture to a carcass). Apparently, we were either too loud for some people, or simply too soft to satisfy ourselves.

The time was divided into two sections: an acoustic session (comprising me on acoustic steel, and my pal on banjo), and an electric session (myself on electric steel and my friend on banjo). The acoustic session ended with the Alison Krauss classic 'When You Say Nothing At All', most recently covered by Ronan Keating. Even that most serenating ballad failed to draw our 'frequent flyers', and new songs (to us, especially since we only finalised that song today) like 'All Day' by Hillsong United, and 'Pinball Wizard' by The Who failed to generate new interest. Sad huh?

The Electric session stared with 'All Day', and we polished it off with a splendid 4 solo (one banjo solo, one electric solo, one banjo solo, one electric solo) version of 'Stairway To Heaven', which my pal and I never did before. It was dismal, because there was (seemingly) no one there to appreciate our stuff except the two of us.

The main reason why I'm so depressed is because I discovered that the girl I have a crush on (who apparently is my pal's classmate), actually has a boyfriend, and I was crushed. What a day huh?

However, I'm glad that I didn't have to play just for that annoying fuzzy green grass fan because she just loves to interrupt us in the middle of a song (imagine sitting on the toilet and someone asks you how long is the turd which just fell in the bowl).

Anyhow, I hope that there will be better response from the people who were actually there (except you, annoying fan....)

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home