Sunday, August 29, 2004

The name of my blog.

Hmm.

Just in case you were wondering why my blog's address is 'crawldaddydiscosuxx.blogspot.com', you should look back and read some of my previous blogs and I think you'll realise something interesting: i tend to dislike any form of music that is manufactured, and this disdain for manufactured music (hip-hop, r&b, taiwanese pop, j-pop, k-pop, britney spears and her imitators, punk whine groups like Simple Plan and Hoobastank etc.) that has moulded me into a fire-breathing MTV-thrashing blogger.

All this doesn't add up right? why's there a 'discosuxx' in my blog address? apparently, another topic i haven't touch on is disco music (excluding that of the seventies). Today, i can never watch television (usually reality-TV programmes like 'The Apprentice' or 'The Amazing Race #I dunno) without having to endure the commercials.

What do these commercials contain? Of course in stress-laden Singapore, the government's pressure on Singaporeans to have more babies etc, has caused us to shed hair more than we should. So on top of the hair-growth commercials, there are the adverts for irritating techno compilation albums which are marketed by some 'cool-sounding' compilation company.

I do not like techno, trance, dance, and whatever whatnots which only require an idiot to stand in front of a disc station and combine two lame songs together and speed it all up to a tempo of 3000. That, my friend, is both stupid and lame because the only 'creative' force is the ability to make sure the song sounds right (so??? there's a speed button right?).

To me, a musician (except you, irritating DJ...) is one who deserves the highest respect because not everyone can play an intrument, much less be creative with it. Ok, not to brag about myself, but if you do play an instrument, at least try to write your own songs, because singing other people's songs can be such a drag. That's why my band is such a good vehicle to write and perform songs: we play many instruments between us, and it'll never get boring.

Back to techno. I first discovered techno when I was 12 years old. I was sitting in my mum's car, and at the traffic light, a van settled next to my mum's car. I hear some sort of tumping sound which I couldn't place where it came from. After a while, I realised the thumping sound came from the van.

Apparently, there was some kinda prick sitting at the window, and he was bopping his head to the thumping. i just sat there and observed him, and i thought to myself: that dude is really an idiot to sit with the window wide open and let every one see what a vulgar fool he is to pollute the surroundings with that obsolete thrash.

Subsequently, I realised that he wasn't just listening to a bass drum going at 4000 mph, but there was 'music' as well, along with all those fancy modifications to his van: shiny, chrome bumpers, fake air outlets at the skirts, and the mother of all things: an aerofoil the size of texas.

As I have described, you can picture why it is i hate techno and it's affiliates. Not so much that I should forget britney spears or simple plan, and they're all either too dumb to notice they look and sound stupid, but it's all a fad that's only taking too long to die out primarily because the MTV camera just can't out of her chest.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home