Thursday, September 02, 2004

Finding my voice.

Hmm.

The 2nd Fuzzy Green Grass Album 'Live At Al's Place (Again)' is now out, and we've only taken one day to record it, given the fact that most of the songs were only finished a few moments before the songs, including a cut finger on my part and Alvin's piano exam looming next week. Of course, like many of our previous songs, there were spontaneous moments of virtuosity, most of them go to Alvin, but I found out that after recording those songs, my voice isn't that satisfactory.

Whenever i sing, I feel emotion before putting it out into my voice. A lot of times, the microphone doesn't pick up this emotion, and consequently allows my voice to seem monotone or even grating. This sad fact is coupled with the girl I fancy. Apparently, she doesn't like my voice when i sing (picture me falling down a bottomless pit going: 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!') and she only likes my fancy guitar work. Ah, that's some consolation, but what's guitar work without voice or emotion?

I believe that sometimes the musical instrument and the voice that accompanies it should match, or at least compliment each other. Imagine how sad I am now because I can't sing and hear myself being well-sounding.

I just wish I can find some way to improve my singing voice, hoping that God can help me find my voice.

Sigh,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home