Friday, November 26, 2004

John Denver Rulz baby!!!! and Murky waters of Songwriting VI

Hmm.

I recently borrowed Alvin's 'The Very Best Of John Denver' and it really sounds great... from a technical and musical point of view.... his vocals are very well brought out, though stuff like the drums aren't that significant in the sound. I just couldn't stop listening to 'take me home, country road'. I'm gonna learn it someday.

Anyhow, I just recorded my souped-up, electrified, earth-shattering version of 'Majulah Singapurah', our nation's national anthem, and it includes feedback and some wierd stuff.

Apparently, when I asked Char the last time about my 'live' version, which I played for the debate team, she said it sounded like a joke, and Juline said it didn't sound metal enough.

Urgh. It was just supposed to be 'souped-up', 'electrified' and 'earth-shattering'. Actually, just playing it with an electric guitar and using feedback with the song should place it in those three areas. Alvin heard it previously before anyone else, but I actually woke him up on National Day this year just to play it for him.

Heeheehee: he wanted to get away from the phone.

Anyhow, I was revisiting my more recent compositions (which involved E-flat tunings, and other wierd tunings) which remind you of Nick Drake stuff.... I want to remove myself now from him cuz it's getting quite saddening.

Do not get me wrong: Nick Drake rules, baby.

I also managed to watch Alvin's original 1969 'The Italian Job', and though it is very british, and funny in certain places, the plot lacks the *wham-factor* and plods at the end... much like most of Dan Brown's books (with the exception of 'Angels And Demons').

I just wish to apologise for keeping you avid blog-readers waiting.. read previous post to see why.

I'll be *secretly* going online to blog just for you folks... keep on rocking, and keep you (hopefully) laughing, and watching out for Char, cuz she wants to whack me, wring my neck, chase after me on a bike etc... (OOOOOOH!!!!)

Haha, just kidding.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home