Sunday, December 26, 2004

Music to the Ears

Hmm.

The thing about me is that I'm a music addict, and even more so, a guitar addict. When I get out of the home, I have to come into some form of contatc with music, or I'd (literally) get some form of withdrawal symptom.

Take my trip to Shnaghai for instance: my earphones screwed-up, and I was devoid of music, much less guitar playing. I became very tired easily and I wasn't feeling very well. Then came the stay at Aunt Joan's place, which allowed for some musical exposure, and that helped a bit. The best part was when I walked into a musical instrument store selling all sorts of Chinese-made stuff (includign guitars). I tried some of them, but they weren't very good. Then I saw it, a Martin D-28.

It was 9995 yuan in price, which meant that the only way you can touch the damn thing was to buy it, take off the wrapping and then run your finger along it's finish. Of course I did no such thing.

Anyhow, it seems almost routine to stick on my earphones and lsiten to some stuff which will help lighten my early-morning blues when I go to Poly.

The Darkness, Led Zeppelin, The Who work out fine, but usually, the best is John Denver, and Yes (the band's name), which never fails to lift my spirits. The thing is, I sometimes see people walk in to class and on their faces are expressions which can make you feel tired all over again.

Why the long faces? Get yourself some music (Lively ones, at that) in the morning, or if you're bored, just read a book! Gosh, it's quite disheartening to see people who have nothing to do on the train just whip out their handphones to play some game, just close their eyes, or simply stare into nothingness.

Not that reading or listening to tunes is the best way to go for everybody, but sometimes, even in rough-and-tumble places like Shanghai, the poorest of persons still read the daily paper while waiting for the traffic light or the green man.

Do something, or your mind may be in danger of idleness!

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

1 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, i agree.. it's good that music brightens up your life. it does brighten up mine too.

did i tell you about Liquid Tension Experiment?? it's a fantastic band. it's free jamming, but the musicans have chemistry. it's perfectly coordinated yet impromtu. it's music. really. LOL..

anyway, i HAVE to complain.. the school system sucks. im in school now and there's no available computer with adobe illustrator.

we [ my class girls ] have been chased out of two com labs cos they were having lessons. so hw the hell are we supposed to do our homework?! they didnt order sufficent books to satisfy the demands of the students and still demand that homework to be done on time.

im in a com lab at the back of block L, but this com lab doesnt have adobe illustrator, so we're just moping around the room wondering if we should waste our time waiting for the lesson to end which is at 6pm. for your infomation, it's 117pm now...

this sucks! the management sucks! screw the coms and the teachers. damnit. i thought that they would have a much better initiative than the sec school management. they're supposed to have status. arggg. what the hell. i think that my sec school teachers are a notch above half of the staff of the SDN NYP teachers here.

that mike oh teachers desgin fundementals. he cant even express himself in simple proper english. what the hell is he doing in a place like this???!!! we really couldn't learn anything. with his half past six english.

oh sorry. i dont think i should critisize an NYP LECTURER... he has a good command of engreesh so to speak...

okok, i know.. hahax... im just getting worked up. i havent slept the whole night and my mind's a little unstable, but what the hey, like i'll do anything destructive... LOL :)

right.. this is a long comment, or rather, a complain... LOL!!

see ya around ;]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home