Monday, December 06, 2004

Pajamas and Rock N' Roll and Murky Waters Of Songwriting VIII

Hmm.

Over at Alvin's place right now, and we've just finished practising our 'old stuff', staple songs like 'A Simple Life', ''Old Man', 'Better Is One Day', 'Better Than Life' and 'Sweetest Dreams'.

Right now, I'm letting Alvin hear my 'Exile On Main St.', though he ain't exactly rockin to the groove, the pyjamas sure do allow 'movement'.

Wait, he did fracture his pinky.

Anyhow, my mum wants to haul my butt to gym, but I refused due to my sore hamstrings caused by working 13 hours on saturday, and the 11 hours yesterday. Honey, it ain't a walk in the park spending those times standing, and only at most forty minutes of sitting.

I just completed writing 'Pearly's Eyes', a small lovey-dovey song which was inspired by a girl from work of the same name. She's really pint sized, but she's cute and her eyes just hit me like a comet.

Sigh.

Anyhow, such a person is beyond my personal ability to woo, so I'll just be content with being the lonesome dude I am... just writing songs to fill in the gaps.

Alvin let me hear his song 'I Love' and it's quite misleading at first.. you might have thought he'd become all lovey-dovey (just like I did, causing me to write 'Pearly's Eyes'), however, then it's back to his universe, and how he loves it so.

It's a groovy song, and It'll be up for votes next year.. maybe. Ok, fine, it will (or Alvin will sulk).

Here's the lyrics to 'I Love':

People say your time has come
To give your heart to someone
Have some fun now when you're seventeen
I'd say I'm faster than you
I love more than you guys do
The list just keeps going on and on

Chorus:
I love my father and my mother, and Volkswagens
And Gordon Banks and his save back in 1966
Yeah I love my footballers, and a couple o' ruggers
And I love to play my music far too loud
And I love God

Verse 2:
Sherlock Holmes, he turns me on
Just like Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
They keep me awake until the early morn
A little banjo pickin' out on the lawn,
Playing footie with the guys till the break of dawn
I'll love these things till I'm long long gone

Another time then, and try not to mention the word 'woo' for Obvious reasons... jace will recognise this.. maybe.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home