Thursday, December 02, 2004

Goodbye Sly

Hmm.

The Crawldaddy is gloating right now. Even though both his hamstrings are sore from the previous day's gym workout and the work at the Convention centre which ended a couple of hours ago, he is glad that something has happened to his favour.

Ever since I first heard Taufik sang on Singapore Idol, I was impressed with his voice and ability to out the flavour of a song.
Sly on the other hand was just another rock-poser. I totally felt turned-off by that 'I'm such a rocker'idiot.

Now don't think that I am just saying this because Taufik won the Singapore Idol. In fact, Alvin can be my 'witness' when I said I was impressed with Taufik's performance, and expressing my confidence in himwinning the competition. Alvin even felt likewise. (full justification by Alvin in due course, hopefully)

When I said this:
'
I think Taufik will win' at the talk by Chi Wing Lo, my female classmate (an Ah Lian who is simply the epitome of Sly fans in Singapore) said:

'NO, SLY WILL WIN SINGAPORE IDOL'

Anyhow, she's the sort of person who'd go screaming after some taiwanese boyband at Changi Airport, or swoon if she met some male singer somewhere on Orchard Road. So it comes as no surprise that she'll be supporting Sly, the *charming* *rocker* whose (Jon Bonjovi want-to-soundalike) singing is *just so good*.

I can only say right now: 'I told you so, Beeyatch'

Anyhow, the best man won and although Dick Lee's song wasn't worth half a rotten dick (pun intended), I do believe that the show was worth watching, though I didn't catch it except at the end when Gurmit said:
'Good Night Folks!'

Sigh. I just hope Dick Lee won't sing everytime the Singapore Idol Finals comes, cuz it would be three minutes of pure non-poetic torture. Talk about a veteran singing. You can read Char's blog to have an idea how it appeared to most people.

And yes, Dick Lee is actually gay.

Surprised?

Come on, check out the dude's recent CD output: the cover is pink and yellow. Who'd use such a disgusting colour combo, and that's saying something since I'm actually colour-blind. Also, that dude actually told Taufik *You were Hot*.

Yes. He's gay.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home