Sunday, November 28, 2004

Dinner Is Served

Hmm.

Being a banquet waiter is kinda interesting, that is, if you get over the fact that the stress involved to be courteous, polite and efficient in your job is high and you can handle it well.

I did a dinner for the CPF (Cntral Provident Fund) Board last night, and it went well. i was nice, polite, a bit over-zealous in blustrous behaviour but you can hardly blame me. There were a lot of very beautiful people there.

Ok, forget the last comment.

I'm glad to say I was efficient in my service, and if the guests humoured with me, I humoured with them:

Guest1: 'There are only five fried buns and five steamed for the shark's fin arh? can have all fried or not?'

C: 'Oh, I'm so sorry, the chef only prepared five of both types per table.. so I'm terribly afraid we cannot change that...'

Guest2: 'Yeah, lucky I took a fried one, otherwise no more left'

Guest3: 'Maybe you took one which got dropped on the floor, and they picked it up'

Guest1: 'Is that true?'

I didn't know what to say, but one guest voiced the one thing going through my head at that point in time:

Guest3: 'No comment?'

C; "No comment, yeah.'

then the whole table laughed, while I continued to serve the remainder of the Shark's fin soup.


Anyhow, my focus that night was on the dessert (muahahahahaha) cuz it included sweet corn with milk and sago, and after that, chocolate cake.

I managed to whisk three pieces of cake away after the guest couldn't take anymore, and I thoroughly enjoyed it by myself. Of course I invited two more people to join me in enjoying the cake. i also managed to copp some sparkling juice (half a bottle).

Ahh, life a a banquet waiter:

Stress is there, but if you are smart and fast, then you are ok. Also, there is free food.

Ok, please don't all of you become a banquet waiter cuz you'll be stealing my business.

Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home