Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Murky Waters Of Songwriting XV

Hmm.

Well, I've just penned yet another song, which I daresay is one of the more decent songs I've managed to come up with, and I've come to be very proud of this song.

It's an instrumental, loosely based on some chords I picked up while learning the Beatle's 'Blackbird', which mainly uses fingerpicked two-finger chords. I think I'm going back in the direction creating Nick Drake-ish songs, which utilise two-finger chords and would sound absolutely great with a cello or violin accompanying the arrangement.

I won't be telling you guys what the title of the song is, because I have named it after the girl I have crush on... haha, no revealing as of yet.

So why have i named it after her? The answer is obvious... the music within the song expresses the feelings which I have within for her... which are just the feelings of peace, joy and happiness, but still a dash of sadness because I dare not approach her and I'm not sure where I stand in her mind.

When the time comes... maybe I will ask her out... will I have the courage then? Absolutely.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home