Thursday, March 31, 2005

One down, two left to go...

Hmm.

Yesterday's Marketing test was suspiciously easy... almost too easy for us to be able to have a peace of mind because it just seems so unbelievable. I dunno.. I definitely screwed up one question, but now I have to focus on my Comm Skills test later in the afternoon.

I'm quite psyched about getting my electric guitar traded in, especially since i can trade it in for a wicked-sounding SG guitar (although it technically "isn't" an SG guitar, but a "copy") which looks, sounds and plays so fantastically... I've been fantacising about all the cool songs i can finally play without sounding too metal or too 'modern rock', but i can finally nail a 'classic rock' sound.

Did I mention that I took a test, and it turns out I belong in 1971? Yup, so that probably explains the reasons why I love Led Zeppelin and AC/DC and Rolling Stones. Not to mention some Pink Floyd songs.

Apparently, Alvin was at Bras Basah complex yesterday, and he managed to get notified by the shopkeeper that I could go down to Bras Basah between 1 and 3pm on Monday to get my guitar evaluated and hopefully traded in without any extra cost. Gosh, I'm not sure how I'm gonna pull that one off...

Well, first things first, I gotta clean up my guitar, remove all the extra paint stuff I drew on it, and make sure the electronics are working fine. I had actually changed the volume and tone knobs (the old ones were a tacky chrome colour, so I changed them to a glossy black colour), and added a rhythm/treble plastic circle around the pickup selector so that it makes the guitar look more 'old-school', because Les Pauls use that plastic circle around the pickup selector.

Secondly, I have to bring lots of stuff to school on monday for Patrick's evaluation... my guitar, my echo unit, my 'Pop Art' clock, the presentation board for the clock, the concept drawings for the clock, the toy cars i built for the first project etc.

I pray I can get a decent mark enough for Studio Project, and maybe I could have a shot at getting a top spot in the class once again.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home