Saturday, April 02, 2005

Clutch that matey! VII

Hmm.

There are times you know your life really can't get any worse, and yet again you feel that sensation that you are already walking towards the gallows and the hangman is just waiting for you at twenty paces.

Within those last few moments, you think back on all the good times you had, all the pain you carried and all the love you could give to those around you... and of course all the little achievements attained throughout your short, uneventful life.

I had a really wonderful time at work yesterday... Yeah, I managed to go up and play for the whole pub yet again!!! I had asked Gerry (the Irish singer) whether I could just yodel a few songs, and he let me get on after on filipino guy Brian had volunteered to play for everyone. I'd have to say Brian had some nifty fingerwork.

The last time I had gone up to play guitar, I had played three songs but I screwed them all in one way or another. Hence, in order to not make the same mistake once again, I decided to play three really energetic songs, which would make applause really irresistable.

The three songs I played were: 'A Simple Life', 'I Love' (written by Alvin), and 'Whiskey In The Jar'. All of which received raucous applause. I knew the formula.

I really surprised Gerry when I managed to play 'Whiskey In The Jar', so much so, he played along with me, and shook my hand after the song, saying: 'You did good, mate!'

Later, when another guy volunteered again, Gerry came up to me and said:

'Hey, you did that "Whiskey In The Jar" better than I did! And you're not even Irish!!"

Well Gerry, thanks, and that really means a heck of a lot to me.

I mean, what more can you expect to feel apart from sheer joy when you play three songs, and after you get off that stool, more than half the pub smiles at you and shakes your hand in congratulations? I just felt ten feet tall last night, and I was just short of asking Gerry if he was in need of a right-hand man. No worries, Alvin, I'm still your guitarist.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home