Saturday, April 16, 2005

Clutch that matey! VIII

Hmm.

Ooooh... had some fun last night at the pub. I asked permission to go and yodel some songs after my shift, and so I did! Well, don't be surprised that I had already done so two times previously.

Apparently, after my second 'performance', some people weren't happy (especially my supervisors) that I went up without notifying anybody... so I decided to play decent, and not spring any unsuspecting surprises by telling my manager prior to the whole thing, and on top of that... I did it after my shift was done (yeah!).

Apart from the disgruntled folks, some pub guests were fairly delighted by my second 'performance'... which included one obscure country song ("A Simple Life", no: not the ridiculous tv series), one Fuzzy Green Grass song ("I Love", composed by Alvin) and an Irish drinking standard ("Whiskey In the Jar), with which the latter surprised the most people (especially Gerry, the Irish pub singer).

Due to previous 'experience' playing guitar and singing for people (notedly: numerous family gatherings, my cousin's wedding, and lately the class chalet), I decided to (wisely) choose hands-down crowd-pleasers.

Therefore I chose my first song to be 'When You Say Nothing At All', sung in the Ronan Keating style (apparently, the Alison Krauss version wasn't as 'Irish' vocally). And guess what? The crowd loved it just fine.

I introduce the second number 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' with a wistful "all of you have to know this next song, or else"... and the chorus induced a couple of wacky women to get on the floor to shake their *ahem* rear ends, and some people to dance like mad things. And the crowd went wild after I finished the song.

The final song 'Whiskey In the Jar', was just another Irish crowd-pleaser, and of course, drew the loudest applause. Apparently, the (big) boss Colin McDonald (who incidentally owns Molly Malone's, Townhouse, Jug's, Father Fannigan's and Dharma's Kebabs) was also there when I (just a mere part-timer) sang and played guitar... so it really came as a surprise that he came up to me and said "you did well!'.

Gosh, that really has to take the cake for last night. However, I'll cool it for maybe two months.. I don't want to draw too much attention to myself.

Did I mention even my supervisor cheered along with the crowd?


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

Hard rockers unite!!! Someday rock will rule again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home